Seagate World's Fastest Enterprise Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Seagate announced it is shipping the world's fastest hard drive - the Seagate Enterprise Turbo SSHD. The industry's first enterprise solid state hybrid drive (SSHD), the Enterprise Turbo SSHD combin...

Seagate World's Fastest Enterprise Hard Drive

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Never got much into Enterprise level tech, but what better or why should any company/center choose this over a 512/960GB ssd?

Life span/MTBF? Cost? Someone please enlighten me on this. I'm curious. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    backups for example (checkpoints of the software for example, not only system backups), high capacity and also fast backups, without the need of some special filesystem.

They'll have SSDs for sure, but not the whole system, they need a lot of capacity and there is no infinite money, even if you have it, you also want to spend it on processing power. Also space (real space they take in racks, as you need multiple SSD to have the same capacity than a real HDD, well not in this case :3eyes:, so it should be money) could be a problem.

Also this concrete model looks like a "i have this fastest thing" kind of marketing too.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Some really good points. Thanks Black.