Problems installinf SoftR9x00

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by TEXO, Jun 24, 2007.

1. TEXO

TEXO New Member

Hello,

I have an old computer with a Radeon 9500.

I read of modificating the Card to a Radeon 9700 with the Rivatuner V2.01 (SoftR9x00 script)

I installed the RivaTuner, opened "Power user" -> there I am supposed to press the "Open Patch Script" button to install the SoftR9x00 script, but I can't find this button.

Is this no longer possible to optimize the card?
    What can I do ?

Thanks for your help
    Tex

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    You are looking in the wrong place... try reading the context help, the FAQing sticky threads, use search or just RTFM... ;)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

FAQ contains everything you need to know:

Q: How do I use RivaTuner's patch scripts? What do I do with these *.RTS files?
    A: *.RTS files are dedicated for processing with RivaTuner's built-in patch script interpretator. RivaTuner automatically registers itself as *.RTS file handler. So you can just run RivaTuner at least once to register *.RTS file extension then simply open the script you need via Windows explorer. All the scripts are located in PatchScripts subfolder in RivaTuner's folder. Take a note, that the link to this folder is also automatically added to Start menu during installing RivaTuner.

Q: How do I install the SoftR9x00 patch script?
    A: Just perform the following sequence of actions:

1. Extract ATI driver into the temporary folder (e.g. C:\SoftR9x00\) with WinZip or just run driver setup to extract driver to its default location (usually C:\ATI\Support\).
    2. Run SoftR9x00 patch script (read the previous questions to get instructions on installing *.RTS scripts) for your operation system.
    3. Patch script window will appear. Press <Continue> button after reading and accepting SoftR9x00 license agreement. Depending on the OS you are using, patch script interpretator will offer you to browse for ati2mtag.sys or ati2xvag.vxd file.
    4. If you are using generic driver distributive with packed installation files (*.DL_, *.SY_ etc.) then select ati2mtag.sy_ or ati2xvag.vx_ in the 'Files of type' dropdown list. If you use unpacked modified driver ATI drivers (e.g. ripped driver packs from www.radeon2.ru) then simply leave the 'Files of type' dropdown list unchanged.
    5. Select target file in the folder where you've extracted ATI driver. RivaTuner will patch it and display log window. Ensure that it doesn't contain error messages.
    6. Install the driver you have patched. To do it use device manager and manually update the driver and specify *.INF file for the patched driver. If you are installing the driver via its' executable installer, ensure that you've removed .cat file from the driver's subfolder, otherwise automatic installed will use original digitally signed packed file instead of unpacked one.

And there is no need to create multiple threads with the same question, it won't make it to be answered faster.

4. TEXO

TEXO New Member

Hello Unwinder,

I thank you -> it really works.

Sorry I'm not very experienced in posting and my english is not at it's best.
    When first posting, I received the message that I'm not logged in. So I logged in and posted. That turned out twice. I was not able to delete the second thread. -> Thanks again and sorry for point two :)
    Tex