Nikon to Android wifi problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by 0blivious, Sep 11, 2015.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Is anyone familiar with the Nikon wifi cameras and the associated andoid/iOS app? I'm having trouble with my Nikon CoolPix S9600.

I have successfully connected my android (Galaxy S3) to the camera's wifi and have taken a few pictures remotely using my phone as the shutter control/viewer. Problem is the camera turns off it's wifi (or loses connection) in anywhere from 10-30 seconds. I can't figure out why it's doing this nor any setting to prevent it.

I googled this a bit and couldn't find much other than users with the same question. Any ideas?

2. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Have you tried downloading an older .apk of the app? Cache clean and removed the app data in /Android/obb?

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I'll see if I can't track down another version of the .apk. and clear the cache. Good idea.

I suppose I should try some of my other android devices as well.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I tried the app on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) and it works flawlessly. For some reason, it doesn't like my phone much. I'll look into that more but as long as one of my devices can control my camera wirelessly, I'm content.

5. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Too bad :( You "could" try editing the build.prop... :p

EDIT: Cool post time :D

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015