Gtx 680 performling like ****

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by roller344, May 16, 2013.

1. roller344

roller344 Guest

GPU:
    680 oc msi
    My gtx 680 once performed really good. But lately it started performing like ****. I havent oc in voltager only in core clock mem and so on. gpu drivers are up to date and i cant see to find the reson why it performs bad. It was like after i tried one of my friends gtx 660ti in my system and put the 680 back in again it started, even tho i cleared drivers and reformatted. It still performes ****. In bf3 i get 30 fps in smoke and 45 in battle. In heaven i get like 931, when i use to get a really high score. The only thing i get good fps in is 3d mark 11. i get over the avrage there. But it seems to perform ****ty in every game. I tried everything, cant think of anything to fix this.

Please help :( and sry for bad english

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Older drivers are bad as well?

Maybe its time to use the warranty. lol (kind of joking)

3. eagled1

eagled1 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SLI 4GB
    Might be downclocking. Check temps.

4. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    if its Asus GTX 680CUII, its quite normal, they are a POS card. Sadly I bought two of them. NEVER BUY NVIDIA..... I am going to throw mine in bin, literally, after 6 months I cant get mine to SLI ever.. When you try they crash the PC, among other things.If you have not bought them yet, I suggest buying ATI from now on. As they actually work.

5. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    So one person's experience means Nvidia are crap! Never had a problem SLIing any nVidia cards so you clearly are doing something wrong or are just very, very unlucky.

6. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Sounds to me, like you have no idea what you're doing.

OP, have you tried reseating the card and checked power connections?

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Strange sli worked out of the box for me guess I am lucky that way

8. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Same here... literally plug in and play.

9. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    Same for me, my SLi works like a charm.

I can't say the same for AMD about Xfire btw.. Single card has been nice though.

@ op : If you're running Heaven 4.0 @ max settings, your score looks about normal. Heaven 3.0 is less demanding and will give you more points/FPS.
    About BF3, since a few updates it's running like crap compared to before, though it seems a bit low I do agree. What's you GPU usage on BF3 ?

10. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    A bad power supply can cause this. It happened to me.

11. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    Not even remotly my fautl mate

For 6 months I worked with techs who do this crap for a living, costing me 110$ an hour, an the best they managed to do was get 1 monitor to display SLI, but second you tried to run any programs, it would instantly try an span all three screens an then crash the pC an do all sorts of things that meant I had to spend an hour fixing it an getting the PC running again.

Nvidia told me straight up "its my fault" an never responded to me again, Asus techs ignored me completely ($1700 in cards an another 1000$ in RoC gear, an I was completely ignored.
    GPU Tweak, bricked both my cards because in middle of the install Vbios session the program crashes, an theres alot of evidence on that.
    Nvidia told me that didn't happen, an I was "warned" on Asus forums not to say such things again

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/528717/sli/need-help-setting-up-sli-badly-please/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...rth-is-wrong-with-sli-nothing-works-with-it-/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/535358/about-ready-to-give-up-on-my-gtx680s/

an thats just three of my posts. You get no support with their gear, so please dont tell me its my fault :).

I dont jsut say things for sake of it mate, unless its true. I am a little old for such things. But I am really annoyed at just how second rate their support an gear is. Dont even get me started on RoC gear.... I will never buy asus again thats for sure an I make sure I tell everyone I know exactly what happened.
    At that point its up to people to make their own choices an accept consequences of them. Yes some people dont have any issues, but more people do. You only need to look online for 30 seconds to find thousands of complaints about their stuff.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've seen another user complain about SLI and multi-monitor and it happened only on Windows 8 in his case. Could you try with Windows 7?

13. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    Not really mate no, id have to delete everything, reinstall windows 7, an I noticed beforre when i tried windows 7 on the new system, it refused to reconize my HHD's an SSD's.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If you can get hold of a spare hdd you can disconnect your current drives and install 7 on the spare to verify if there is a compatibility problem with 8 and the drivers.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hate to inform you, but Multi-Monitor is kinda screwed on Windows 8. If you want it to run properly with your SLI setup, you must use Win7 SP1.

Backup all important files and game saves, and install Win7 to do what you want.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That settles it then.

17. Andrew Neilson

Andrew Neilson Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 CU II
    ahh oplk thanks guys, I jsut heard back form Asus Australia an they have flatly refused to honor the warranty saying there is nothing wrong with the cards. I would ahve to fight it out with them for months an in end I would prolly still lose. My store I bought it from want me to drop the PC off to them for a few days an see if they can fix it, but if its Windows 8 then screw it :(...

18. Stompya

Stompya Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-NTITANOC-6GD-
    No such problem here, I think they are great cards :)

19. Yopkin1

Yopkin1 Member

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 680 2GB
    Was reading. I have two questions. Roller334 when your in bf3 are you running something to monitor what your card was clocked at? I had this problem. I found that my card was not running at full power it was running at performance level 2 and not 3. I started to use NVidia inspector over msi afterburner and found that fixed my problems.

Andrew Neilson. Have your tried to run your videocards in pcix gen 2 and not 3. My friends 680sli was having the same problems with asus board in gen 3 mode.

20. ReeO

ReeO Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 680GTX 4GB
    680GTX 4GB a good card yea?