Nokia Lumia 920

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by NoviceRei, Oct 25, 2012.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    [​IMG]

I'm excited! i'm looking at this to become my next phone!

Anyone got the pre-order from best buy?

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I don't mind the idea of using windows phone or android, but I think what set Nokia apart from the competition (besides features) is the use of their own OS. Symbian s60 v3 was as badly coded as hell, maemo, meego, and even symbian belle could have been great OS's.

I'm hoping nokia can develop an OS that will knock the rest out of the park someday.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't like the look of the phone at all, looks more like one of those mini-picture frames than a phone from the screenshot above, and I wouldn't want that garish user interface either as it makes the phone look like a toy IMO. I know a phone is more about functionality and features than looks and I'm sure the Nokia 920 will impress on those things but the pictures certainly don't endear me to it.

4. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Nokia uses Windows Phone 8 on high end smartphones,
    they took the desition long ago.
    Symbian was closed like >2 years ago

5. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i'm really hoping this gets Nokia back into the scene. I was initially wanting a successor to my old N900 (very promising Maemo), but this will do as there are really no plans to develop the N900 line.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I am going to buy one. Aim is to get the grey version but it looks like it is not going to be available at launch.

7. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i want the yellow one! :D

8. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Yes I know that. What I was getting at - is that if Nokia were to once again manufacturer a successful mobile OS, it would once again be a bit of a game changer, instead of just giving customers the option of left or right, windows phone or android, me or him etc...

And just like Apple - they have an OS that makes the iphone uniquely theirs. The same would apply to Nokia.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Edges are to square, pass. :leave:

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I want matte colour, not going to make the same mistake again and go glossy. I'd probably get red if it was matte.

11. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    The nokia 920 is going to be a nice phone and far superior to any ios or android on the market. What else would you expect from microsoft ??? they are the largest and best software company in the world geez.

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    i want a purple one, or dark blue like the x8

13. Teko

Teko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    I have a Nokia Lumia 710 (T-mobile + Windows Phone 7.5), and I must say...to any one who thinks Nokia + WP is a bad combo, you couldn't be more wrong. The WP UI is sweet and Nokia offers some awesome exclusive Lumia apps with their devices (Play To, Nokia Maps & Nokia City Lens to name a few). Not to mention the PureView camera technology & ClearBlack displays. Windows Phone is a great OS, runs smooth, very responsive and doesn't slow down over time like the Windows Mobile 6.x OS did. I wanted this device but I'm not leaving T-Mobile, Nokia may have shot themselves in the foot by going exclusive with AT&T as no one is really excited about HTC's line up WP8 devices. I may get the Lumia 810 T-Mobile is offering, but it lacks PureView :-(

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    AFAIK it's 6 months exclusive so after than it may show up on other carriers.

15. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    ^yep when they annunce the lumia 1020 thats it. lol

16. Teko

Teko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Basically...6-months is way too long, no one is going to be thinking about the Lumia 920 in 6-months.

17. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    maybe they release some lumia 920 variants for the rest of carriers, but you can buy it unlocked anyway and considering that thing has PENTA-band LTE and quad band DC-HSDPA you can freely choose what carrier you want

18. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    have they released the phone yet??

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Not available yet, should be out really soon.

20. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 680 2Gb
    i bought the lumia 800. was really excited because my winows phone expirience felt so fluent!

and i thought to myself that nokia carl zeiss optical cameras are great.. what i got was really a lousy camera, and an OS with NO good apps

i think i might give them another shot with this one, because i do like the design, and if the camera and phone are up to speed, i will sell my galaxy s3