Screen capture and after effects

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Rasmus, May 4, 2012.

1. Rasmus

Rasmus Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5 gig
    Hi

I just got MSI afterburner and captured a load of cool footage off this game I was playing.
    ow I can't play this footage, since it is in this codec, but Aftereffects CS4 (32 bit) renders it just fine. However.

I recently switched to CS5 of After effects (64 bit) and now the captured RVT1-encoded .avi files come up as "audio only".
    I have used gspot to identify any issues, and it claims the correct codec is installed and working properly.

Any ideas as to what I can do to make Aftereffects CS5 display and render the video of these files, not just the audio?
    Any help is appreciated, as I have googled my way around the block and still not found the answer.

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    I think you need the codec to be 64-bit if you use 64-bit application. Earlier you used 32-bit app, so the 32-bit codec worked fine.

Gspot reports that the 32-bit codec is installed, but you need 64-bit.

I don't know whether there even is a 64-bit version of RTV1 codec.

3. Rasmus

Rasmus Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5 gig
    The changelog for MSI afterburner states

"Fixed RTV1 codec installation issue on 64-bit systems"

What does that mean then? Did they or did they just fix the 32-bit installation on the 64-bit systems (which I assume would not help me in the least)?

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    i have the same Problem here...No matter if i try 32 bit or 64 bit convert tools..i tried handbrake 32bit and it wont even do anything, Xmediarecode reconizes AUDIO only..After effects also only audio...

i tried finding answers for weeks and gave up..i just used mjpeg codec in afterburner or i use fraps AVI which is a little bit better perf wise instead of afterburner RAW...Fraps AVIĀ“s work perfect with adobe effects, xmediarecode, handbrake and co...also does Mjpeg...But if someone has teh answer how to convert RTV1 Codec to h264 or something..PLEASE TELL US what converter / editor you use to do that...i really really rather use teh RTV1 codec instead of fraps and mjpeg etc..cause its perf wise teh best of all..and quality is great also ...

greetz BetA