AMD Catalyst 14.9.1 BETA (14.301.1004.0 October 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Whack it up on YT :D

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The way things are going, it's not sounding that far fetched atm

Fresh install and sh1t loads of things are still completely broken

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    this really sounds like a chipset problem if that many thinks are broke.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There's gonna be more than a chipset problem with it if it doesn't sort itself out

I think it's just my turn for the ultimate in PC issues today, more than hardware is playing up, lastpass just locked me out of my own account because my grid authentication entries were entered wrong 6+ times, by me, being extremely sure I was correct every single time, then getting my gf to double check I was right - there is a curse on my machine, there is no way this many non related issues happen to one person, on one machine, all in the same day

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    grab a linux live cd and see if the issues persist.

should at least indicate if you are crazy or not.

lol

as a side note, check the s.m.a.r.t. diagnostics of your OS drive, maybe its AFU.

also, you have that 8350 clocked pretty high, back it off some.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

This. I'd suggest Ubuntu 14.10; has a newer open-source graphics stack present, and you can easily run the disk utility to also check S.M.A.R.T. status.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks, but I don't think it's hardware, problems started when my last mouse committed suicide a couple weeks ago, the new mouse is a heap, the software doesn't work, the DPI button randomly does nothing or sets everything to the highest DPI,

then the new GPU arrived and random graphics driver issues were happening, reinstalling them did nothing to help, then the mouse started acting up again,

then eyefininty started disabling itself and never recovering, so I had enough and decided it was time to wipe, and even that went balls up, first USB stick gave a read error trying to boot from it, the 2nd one killed itself when I was making the windows install drive on it, eventually got one to work and wiped

> went to reinstall and realised as I was booting successfully for the first time from the USB stick that Id forgotten to write my product key down, luckily Id saved it on my phone so that was one bit of luck,
    then we get to the personalisation screen after install and my mouse cut out again, finally get back into windows and the mouse is flying around the screen even on lowest DPI, had to use mouse settings in control panel to tame it, rebooted and it was stuck on the lowest DPI, 1cm per 3m I moved the mouse type of thing, every time I reboot it changes it's DPI and ignores what I set,

anyway mouse aside, I started installing drivers and updates and such, went for a cool-off walk to let updates install, got back and the screens had gone to sleep and wouldn't wake up, so had to hit power then boot back up and disable that sh1t,

finally get everything installed and go for a 3DM11 run, which gets 3/4 of the way though, then dropped back to desktop with an outline of a workload2 window and was completely frozen,

decided to install WLMail, which required an app password, so logged into lastpass to access hotmail, lastpass wanted grid authentication, which failed 6+ times and locked me out, even though it was 110% the correct entries,

the list goes on and on and on, it seriously feels like the invisible man has a keyboard with 2 buttons on it he is mashing "FAIL" and "ERROR" and also enjoys pi1ssing about with my USB stuff and locking me out of my accounts

Oh and almost forgot, Corsair Link fails to control any of my H100i fans now too

It's just so random and so unrelated, I feel like Im running Vista again

EDIT - And to add to the list, I just had my first BSOD on a perfectly fresh install, just after I hit "post" on here, surprised it didn't crash and make me lose everything Id written

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    These all sound like usb issues - Mouse, Keyboard, H100i.

Maybe your USB controller is pants.

Try putting them on a different internal hub.

also check the event viewer for driver and service failures.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    They're all on different internal hubs, the front panel USB and H100i are separate and the K&M and both on different rear ports

On my last install I did get a lot of usbfilter warnings, but could never get to the bottom of it, maybe I need a new board, this one doesn't officially support 8.1, there are no official drivers for it other than audio iirc

but saying that, I was running 8.1 for months and months without any problems other than the event log warnings, until the first mouse died

Hmm, event logs have many corsair link warnings
    Read write failed, Null packet on return.

EDIT - Ok looks like there is a new version of the link software, I`ll try that later

Sorry for hijacking a driver thread!

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    deff sounds like USB issues.

Try to get them all on one hub, test, then switch to a different one and see if one works better than another.

Personally, ive found that most USB devices act wonky in 3.0 hubs unless they are 3.0 devices.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Found a weird error for my USB card reader too, gonna leave that unplugged and see how I get on - I`ll leave this thread for the drivers it's meant for and open a new one if I need to

Cheers for the help :)

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    send me a link if you open a new thread.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Will do

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    On a related issue, I still have no OpenCL showing up in GPUz after a 100% fresh install of windows with these drivers - any ideas ?

EDIT - It's a GPUz issue, contacted the dev, he's sorting a fix :)

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it probably confused by ocl 2.0 support

try aida64

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It was the change from Hawaii to Vesuvius that was confusing it, he sent me a test version that fixed it

[​IMG]

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just reinstalled AI and found the menus and everything like cutscenes were all on the right side LCD instead of the centre one, so I switched the leads around on the back of the LCDs expecting to have to rearrange my Eyefinity setup, but I didn't, it somehow knew what I'd done and kept the screens in the right order.... how? lol