Diablo III - Part 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Aug 3, 2012.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Previous thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363245

2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    err.. I'm such a noob. lol. i just found out i should never place buyout prices when I put items on the AH. lol

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    why not? i always use buyout.

4. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    because you're practically "fishing" for the right or the 'consumer-happy' price when you don't put a buyout price.

like, if i have i have a 4m item (based on similar items in AH), i could vend it for like 10k starting price and just let the players bid. from here on, there are 3 things that could happen, 1> nobody wants your item and you don't get any bids (even if a lot is vending similar items for millions of gold), 2> somebody bids but is not much to reach the AH price of 4m, or 3> a lot bids and you get more than 4m.

obviously the first and (to a certain point) second are not what you'd want. but that also means the market is saturated or the items isn't really worth that much despite a lot of people vending it for X Amount.

I've tried doing price checks for the apt amount for my items, but never really sold that much. not to mention, their tedious as you'd have to do it every single time, and on every single item.

so now, what i just do is vend the items on AH with really really low starting prices and just let the market decide how much its worth. if the item doesn't sell, then that means it's really crap and just salvage or sell it. its so easy to get rares anyway so there are lots of rares to go-by for vending.

5. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I always use buyouts, if it doesn't sell first or second time, I'll just lower the price and it sells. Usually sells the first time though.

7. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    I also use the buyout feature - both selling and purchasing.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I have no patience for auctions lol

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    Diablo3 1.04 preview

some of the worth while things on the preview..

• lowering the health multiplier for monsters per additional player in co-op games. It’s going to be a flat 75% in 1.0.4 for all difficulty levels, as opposed to the scaling 75/85/95/110% it is now.
    • in 1.0.4 we’re increasing the health of normal monsters by approximately 5%-10% in Inferno, but also increasing the likelihood they drop magic or rare items by a factor of four. We’re correspondingly lowering the health of Champions and Rares by 10-25% and editing specific affixes to shrink the difficulty gap. We’re still working on those numbers, but that’s approximately what we’re shooting for.
    • , we’re adjusting some of the more frustrating monster affixes, such as Fire Chains and Shielding.*
    • Weapon damage is the most important stat on a weapon. It can be disheartening to get a lot of weapon drops and you know before even looking at them that they have no chance of being good. To help give weapons a fighting chance, the raw damage value on all level 61 and 62 weapons will be able to roll damage that extends all the way to the top end of level 63.
    • We’re removing Enrage Timers and the “heal back to full” behavior from Champion and Rare monster packs.
    • we think repair costs are just a bit too high, so in 1.0.4 we’re going to be reducing repair costs of high-end items by 25%.
    • We're making a metric-ton of changes to classes, so we’re going to have separate blog posts for each. But in general we’re looking at unpopular skills and asking ourselves a few questions:
    • Many damage-oriented resource spenders are receiving buffs in 1.0.4
    • currently targeted for the fourth week of August.
    • *P.S. We’re getting rid of the Invulnerable Minions monster affix.

10. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Sounds good

11. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    it should.. this would be the 'make or break' patch for D3.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sounds like the game will be very easy now.

champ packs will have 10-25% less hp
    champ packs will not heal to full
    co-op inferno will be a lot easier

too easy... Anyway, I think they said earlier that we'll be able to add sockets to weapons in 1.0.4, is that still on? because my weapon doesn't have a socket, but with all the above changes and then some +50% crit damage on top with the added socket the game will be a joke. I mean easy.

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    although adding sockets is nice, the current set of stats gems give are crap.

14. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
  15. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti

16. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Kinda just watching to see what 1.04 will bring to the table.

Optimistic part of me thinks that the balance changes to skills and overall game will bring the higher speed pacing back for more fun...

Pessimist in me thinks that this is still overall just some band-aid patching as the game still won't have true end game (no ladder, no pvp, item grind for... sake of item grind).

And thanks for the interview link Kodiak33, but hard to put too much value on it as it's soo late and feels more like jumping into popular bandwagon more than anything. I mean it has logic and evidence behind it but all the pieces of the interview were already been told by so many other people.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    LOL looks like Jay Wilson took that interview too personally.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6368697778?page=1

To sum it up, Jay Wilson commented on Chris Haga's facebook post. The post was on that interview Kodiak33 linked.

Jay Wilson said "**** that loser" then removed his comment. Or, people made fake picture of that or someone made fake Jay Wilson account on Facebook.

18. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Damn, that must've hit close to home! Usually if you were confident in your work, he wouldn't have reacted like that I don't think.

19. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  20. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Does indeed, i haven't played in a while as i hit the cap and just couldn't be bothered to play, get no good drops and spend gold on repairs. Now with this i can at least begin to level up more (over months and months) even if i get no good drops.

Add to this the updates to my main 2 classes (Barb and WD) and all in all, 1.4 is sounding very good indeed - i am finally gonna be able to build my tanking zombie dogs WD :D.
    ---
    Now we just need a bit more random - random levels (they really aren't all that random) and a new act or 2 and i'll be a happy bunny.