Overwatch, Blizzards team based shooter thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 13, 2015.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I am at my wits end with this game right now. Ever since the patch I keep getting stomped hardcore in quick play. I'm a decent player but in these matches I can't do anything without dying. Pretty messed up when you're getting gold medals for 2-4 eliminations. I haven't had matches this bad ever, now it's like 2/3 of my matches.

2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It was fixed though.

Hanzo is a bad choice MO, he's one of the heroes that I don't want my team to pick. There are many heroes that are far easier to play and have a bigger impact than him, he's easily countered and just not very good in general. People will always try to justify playing who they want though, for example I asked someone to switch from Widow and his reason for sticking with her was "really good range", needless to say he was shut out the whole game by their Tracer as I knew he would be but you can't help some people. They're the same people who play Junkrat when the enemy Pharah is out of control and needs to be taken care of. Playing what you need is how you win, not what you want.

3. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    It's all in the team; you aren't suppose to go 1 vs. 6 and expect to come out on top. If you are dying a lot (not over extending) then most likely the team isn't working together. If all 6 of you are on mic and choreographing every move and still getting wiped, then you've met your match. I've noticed that I work better with some random teams than I do with people I play with regularly.

In actuality your own personal glory is suppose to come second to assisting the team. Getting a win trumps any gold medal or card you earn. If you win and get some golds, great. If you lose and get some golds, so what.

It is quick play though that you are complaining about. If you play with no one but randos then complaints are null and void. If you are on a deplorable team then embrace the suck and do stupid sh*t you wouldn't do otherwise. :stewpid:

I've found that offensive Symmeta can be triggerable to some.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I usually solo queue, sometimes duo, that's how I've been playing from the start. I didn't start to experience these stomps in which nobody could do anything until after the patch for some reason. It's pretty hard to embrace the suck and do stupid **** when you just get instajibbed all the time.

5. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I still only play quick play and most of my games are decent. But, you're always going to get those games that are really horrible but keep in mind that also happens for other people/the enemy players as well :)

I just don't think I am ready to play competitive as I am still learning the game and really need to improve on most heroes (most importantly Genji, Hanzo, Zarya, Zenyatta, Reinhardt and Ana). I also don't think its fair on my teammates.
    You get moronic, toxic players even in quick play. I had a level 90 call me a "noob" because I was level 30. He was like "gg we lost, this guy low level noob".
    Needless to say, we won the game. I got POTG, 3 gold medals and got a card for something like "26% total team damage".
    Competitive toxicity must reach extreme levels :banana:

I am a highly competitive player and care about silly stuff like ranks.... I don't want to start on a lower rank :banana:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  6. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Well I don't know what happened but I went from being pretty good at this game to being complete garbage. Last 20 games or so I've been trash. Guess I'm done with it.

7. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    It's just the changing meta.
    Zenyatta got massively buffed and is in 95% of matches now. His orb of discord is +50% received damage so if you receive that.... you're gonna die really quick, even as a tank.
    Mcree can kill anything now in seconds from half way across the map. That's probably the biggest problem at the moment :banana:

That combination is brutal. Can you imagine Zenyattas discord orb AND Mercys damage buff combined? +80% damage :bang:

They need to nerf Mcrees range falloff damage back to prepatch and then buff his fan the hammer damage back up, so he's the anti-flanker he was designed to be.
    His FtH was 70 a shot prenerf which was crazy high. It's 45 now. Maybe increase it to 55 and lessen the shot spread so it's easier to instagib low HP targets.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Same here, but i haven't played for a while, that could be the cause for me.

When i played the beta i was pretty decent, when it launched everything felt new again.

I guess it's not a game that you can casually get back to, but that's just my opinion.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh I envy you... people I play with are incapabel, potg hunters that don't even know why anybody should take a tank, or that mercy can't keep the rear clear on her own... I want a better team :wanker:

Out of ~120 loot boxes I received 3x B.Va and the second time credits already... it's ridiculous. Out of those 4 leg drops I got 1500 credits, not even worth 2 crafts... f*ck you blizzard. Not going to buy any boxes still, jerk yourself off.

10. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

Someone had the suggestion to make the hammer drop in damage per shot. So it starts at 70 and each shot is 10 less. That way you can still "one shot" low hp, stunned targets but it's not destroying tanks like it was.

And yeah, the falloff change is dumb -- I get that they wanted to nerf pharah indirectly but he's nearly as good as widow at sniping now + he's good in multiple other areas. I'd rather them give widow back the quick scope, put mcree's falloff back and buff his hammer with the above suggestion.

Between Dva, Zenyatta, Mcree suddenly being in meta it's nearly impossible to play pharah, who's my fav =(. Ana too but I don't see her played much in comp.

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe nice one

Well I entered competitive on my own yesterday, and it's true, suddenly each and every round there has been a D.va and McCree on my team... wird because nobody would touch them before the nerf, and if you did they asked you to switch, politely said.

Pharah's still pretty powerful unless someone actually takes a hero that counters her, like D.va can, or McCree for that matter.

Will still have to toy with Zenyatta, been playing Mercy yesterday (including first potg in ranked with her :D )

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I found out that ultrawide actually makes you worse in this game, went back to 16:9 and did alot better.

You can react alot faster with 16:9 then 21:9.

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
  15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm I didn't think Ana to be under powered, just under utilized. Thing is, you should both do damage and heal, most people I've seen around do either damage or heal.

We'll see how the nerf or McCree's reaction after the grenade works, I too felt that his grenade was more often then not pretty much useless lately, as people practically could move the moment you could shoot if they were under some healing effect.

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    The goal for this buff is to allow him to stun/kill squishy targets before the stun wears off, from the few games I played with him after the patch it seems to have worked nicely. The nerf to his drop off is very noticeable and he's no longer a sniper at all, it's just slightly better than it was before the patch that turned him into the worlds greatest sniper. He's back to being a close-mid range hero which is what he's supposed to be, it feels weird using his entire kit again though, need to get used to it.

And Ana, man, I feel she's very clumsy to play and suffers from issues other healers simply do not. For example, you want to Nano the Rein, but someone else runs in front of him as you do it and poof, your ult is wasted. Plus you lack mobility, so if there's a target beyond another friendly it's not easy to heal him as your heals don't penetrate, so your 99% HP friendly effectively absorbs the heal meant for your 40% HP target, this isn't always an issue but in tighter areas it really is. The sleep dart also feels very clunky to use because of the delay and travel time, I just don't like it at all, plus it's always broken instantly so it's a good thing they buffed it in this patch which makes it a little better to use. She's not hard to play, she's just cumbersome IMO. I'd be surprised if she doesn't get some QoL changes in the future.

PS: Can we just say how fun D.Va is since the patch before last? Always enjoyed her but now she's actually viable and actually really good, she's even getting pro playtime which is nice to see. Winky face indeed.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah I feel like you said it, McCree was always behind, more or less neat if you're a healer and you got somebody around that could help you if you play Zenyatta for instance, but now he seems to be back to the action a decent bit closer to before the patch.

Ana, I think it's pretty powerful to do damage with a hit as well as heal, and an ulti that does both if you throw it into a 'mosh pit' or closed spaces, yet often I've seen Ana's not really getting it together because of what you said, as a sniper there's that delay to the heal dart hitting that can be a pita, especially if you indeed are a bit further behind. Yet I like how they balanced that she has no movement abilities like Widow or Hanzo so she doesn't end up being a real sniper. I will play around with her at some point, just now I started to play mercy in comp, so yeah, basics first :D

I always loved D.va, my favourite tank in the beginning <3
    After the patch I played a round or two, surprised at how different it plays and feels now that she can do her shield faster after having used it before, and also, that her ulti doesn't kill you without the armor anymore! If the situation's right that can be an extreme bonus, like payload or king of the hill situations! One thing I'm not sure of, do her cannons carry a bigger punch now, or was it just my imagination making it feel better than before?

Still love that meka girl ;)

18. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    This is so **** on PC. I have not even won a single on PC ,however, 90% of time i have won it on PS4. It is totally piece of **** on PC.

All blizzard games are pile of s h i t and broken on PC?

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How is it broken?

Sounds like you're just bad. I play every day on PC and have no issues.

20. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    My killing rate ratio is 2.5. and console it is 4.2. I always get idiots along side me. Console multi player gaming is much better then PC on this game. Some people do not even understand what team work is on PC and their are too many kids playing who do not even understand the concept of multi player. I will never buy multi player game on PC ever again.