Have a couple of questions .

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by topcat77, May 11, 2017.

1. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gaming 6900xt
    1, I picked up a HP laptop that has windows 10 . What I need to know is how can I do a clean install ! Do I need the serial key numbers ?

2. I usually run my resolution at 1024x768 for general . But the screen is squeezed on each side with black boxes . How can this be fixed .

Thanks in advance .

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Just download the latest W 10 ISO and make a bootable media.Use the Media creation tool and after installing, the OS will querry the digital licence tied to the laptop and activate itself on-line.After that it will pick the right video driver and solve the resolution issue.

3. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    What model notebook exactly? Is it an old one?

4. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    What does the windows sticker on the back of the laptop say ?

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    A shot in the dark.
    IF the laptop had Windows 10 installed on it and activated, it has now a digital licence tied to the whole laptop.Even so, if now one installs Windows 10 and put a valid OEM Windows 7 licence, it will activate.Did this many, many times and still works.
    By now, the laptop may also upgraded to Windows 10 (vast majority did), it is just a matter of installing on it and that's it.
    About the resolution, the image being squeezed brings back to my memory a certain HP model with older integrated Intel graphics.Solved the issue after installing with the newest driver and problem solved.

6. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gaming 6900xt
    Sorry to take so long to get back, but things went haywire . Thanks for the help .