Bloodborne (project beast)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The Unseen City is a big step up in difficulty I must say. Those bell ringing women...argh, not only do the resurrect everyone, they make them twice as strong and give them twice as much HP!

Though I have no idea if I've missed or skipped something since there are still two doors that are closed to me :/ Not sure if I'm even supposed to be at the Unseen City.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Finished the game this weekend and it was well worth the money! I enjoyed every bit of it and it was definitely easier than DS3. I missed a few areas like the Castle so I started an NG+ playthrough. I also would like to get a few more trophies (weapons and tools).

I also checked out the DLC and was surprised how much more difficult it is compared to the main game. Will be interesting to see how the bosses are.

Another thing about NG+ is that mobs have much more HP but since my weapon is +10 already I'm having a hard time doing more damage (except through leveling up). Is there anything I can do about that?

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    You can insert higher level blood gems into the weapon. Check the wiki, but I think that for better gems you need to dive into the chalice dungeons. And DLC bosses on NG+ are HARD :)

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for your reply.

I got a cursed and defiled pthumeru chalice but apparently it's recommended to have 50+ VIT and 255 def which I dont have right now. I started working on the Hintertomb chalices but so far they're super easy.

Guess I should have done the DLC earlier :( I also didnt expect to encounter the final boss when I did.

5. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Hopefully there will be a sequel :)

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yea, I'd love that :) And in 4K/30fps this time.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I bought a PS4 to play this game.

If there is an exclusive sequel for PS5 I will buy it too.

MS "exclusives" are a joke: I play them on PC...and normally via Steam. :D

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've been hunting trophies this weekend and got all except two of the three endings and the Great Pthumeru chalice one. This is where I notice that difficulty can really vary a lot in this game.

Did the Defiled Pthumeru Chalice yesterday in order to gain the great chalice and damn it was difficult. I've always fel that I can pretty much oneshot the bosses in the normal game (DLC is much more difficult though) but the bosses in this here chalice...damn! And the funny thing is that they aren't hard per sé, just that the 50% HP cut and the increased elemental damage is so unforgiving. The bosses do one or twoshot you and I do have 60VIT plus the +15% rune. Lost my whole supply of vials in the process but I'm glad that part is over.

Funny reading about all these tacts on Fextralife though none worked for me - just me, my sword and that monkey of a boss.

Soon I'll finish the game (take Gerharts proposal) and the last chalice and take a break from the game. Can't bother a 3rd playthrough to get the final trophy. And this time I won't forget about doing the DLC before I finish the game.

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    That’s cool and all, but from watching the video, I have the deja vu feeling that I’ve been there and seen that. As may be a lot of other players, just did not make the connection to the reavial, or a youtube video about it. Still nice to see the game again – what a masterpiece it is!

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed. I would really really want a sequel to this piece of pure art, joy and frustration.

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I really hope there's a sequel the game is a classic

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    So finally bought a PS4 and ofc Bloodborne immediately with it (bought a bundle that had GoW already).

Played a few hours so far, defeated Cleric Beast and Father Cascoigne. Seems to be just as brilliant as you'd expect!
    Very fun to play and feels immediately familiar coming from Souls games.

I also like the level design is similar to Demon's Souls in the sense you unlock the lamps (aka Archstones) as you progress and there's lots of shortcuts to discover.
    Hub (Hunter's Dream) is similar too, nice throwback.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Hey man, great to hear you finally got to it! Enjoy!

AsiJu likes this.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah enjoy it @AsiJu the game is awesome. The nightmares have crazy design :D

Did you get a Ps4 pro ? in any way you have got a lot of great games to catch up to , just wait for a sale (which are there all the time on PSN , you can get complete editions of game for €30,-- horizon zero dawn for instance.
    Im actually waiting for this for God of War. The game looks beyond epic, gameplay wise and graphic wise. last year Horizon zero dawn was at a discount at E3 already (without DLC though), but i havent heard anything about DLC for god of war, so should be good.
    Oh and i hope you did get PSN+ with it, because they give away free PS4 games for you to enjoy :D (currently mad max and trackmania turbo).

AsiJu likes this.
  17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks!

Thanks and got a base PS4 as I have only a HD Ready TV so not much point in going 4K with Pro. Plus cheaper.
    Some games might get a framerate boost with Pro but I've understood it's quite rare. Mostly Pro enhancements are resolution and/or graphics boosts.

Didn't get PSN+ and that's actually a gripe of mine. Seems to play BB online you must have a PSN+ subscription, probably goes for other online games as well.

Not a fan of that, even if the sub isn't exactly expensive. Still it's the same if you had to separately pay for something like Steam+ to play Steam games online.

But yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4 are next on buy list. BB GOTY edition was 44,95 € at PS Store so just grabbed it readily.

PC will remain my main platform but nice to have access to PS4 exclusives now. And newer NHL series :D

EDIT: new GoW is great, definitely worth picking up! Very different from previous games but that's not a bad thing.
    Combat is actually more akin to Souls games now. Heck, you even use R1 and R2 to attack now, instead of usual square and triangle :p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You have to concider that besides the free games you wont find cheaters on PSN. for instance in dark souls 3 on pc it was a mess. i was banned in no time (while not cheating) , and cheaters still roamed free getting other people banned. in bloodborne that will not happen , and online you still will find helpfull people , and there are many communities where there is always someone willing to help.
    I have nothing but a positive experience online on psn.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeh fair points and as said it's not really the cost, more the principle of having to pay for yet another service.

I'm a 99 % PvE player but invasions / messages are a major part of SoulsBorne experience so would very much like to go online.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I personally prefer Bloodborne over Dark Souls since I like the faster pace of this game plus the setting is a bit cooler. Beware of the DLC since it's more difficult than the base game, but it's a good challenge and an amazing feeling when you finally finish it. I've played through Bloodborne three times and every time was as great as the previous one.