Toshiba ultrabook W 8 trouble

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by anticupidon, Jan 8, 2013.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    A client dropped a at our store a new bought ultrabook,he tried by himself to create a dual boot Windows 8 / MacOSX,he only managed to mess up the 2 hard disks beyond any form of recovery.
    The ultrabook has 2 hard disks,one 32 gb SSD and a normal 5400 2'5 750 gb hdd.
    The client has no recovery disks,he never made a backup,good part he didn't had any data ,but here starts my problem.
    He wants the ultrabook with Windows 8 and Linux in dual boot configuration.
    Main problem that i don't have a recovery OEM disk,the only thing that lets me install is the 90 days evaluation copy of Windows 8 Enterprise.I tried to install Windows 7 and upgrade from it ,but i wasn't able to install it,even that i tried to in both MBR table partition anf GPT partition table.it just says that this OS was't able to install on this ultrabook.
    Maybe for someone it is a piece of cake,but i tried and tried and decided to ask for some ideea,something that may help.
    I really don't know what Windows version had and i know that it had a GPTpartition table,but i was't able to reover any lost partitions,so i need to figure it out what Windows version,hope that it activates and after that i will try to dual boot with Linux
    Secure boot is disable,i was able to run a live Linux ,everything went smooth
    But main issue is installing the Windows 8 but what version,because i tried several legit ones,and the only one accepted was Enterprise.
    Any guru here can point in the right direction?

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Anyone?

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    ended up buying the back up dvd from Toshiba,and everything is back in place.
    why i didn´t think of this in the first place,i really don´t know.
    :stewpid:

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You just discovered the inherent problems with having the key embedded in the bios.But couldn't you have just gone to the Toshiba site and with the serial and model number come up with the Win 8 version?