ASUS Sabertooth 990FX review ???

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by phaT-X, May 31, 2011.

1. phaT-X

phaT-X Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
    Ok.. I saw the hardware review on the "Asus Sabertooth 990FX" motherboard, I read the first few pages and then browsed through the benchmarks.

I saw where it was said that there were no real differences between the 990FX and 890FX chipsets, and I think I would have to disagree with that. So far I've seen several of these mobo's @ the manufacturers website, like Asus and Gigabyte and a few others. I've noticed one "HUGE" difference, and that is the fact all I've seen so far "support nVidia SLi technology", not just the 990FX either, but the 990X as well, maybe even one other. I've yet to see an official statement saying "AMD Chipsets" now support "SLi technology", but of all the one's I've seen listed so far, they all have "SLi support". I don't think this is a integrated "Lucid" chipset either, because it's specifies "nVidia SLi", as well as AMD CrossFire. If it was "Lucid", it would just say "Multi-GPU" support. In my opinion, that's a major feature, and one that should make many users happy that like AMD processors, but Geforce graphics (like me!). I personally would like more indepth info on the AMD 900 series and SLi capabilities....

I also think this motherboard deserves a "second review" once the AMD FX (BullDozer) AM3+ processors hit the shelves! Yes, we want to see these new AM3+ motherboards and their capabilities, but we also want to see them @ their "full potential", and the AMD FX AM3+ 8-Core / 6-Core processors are the only ones that can accomplish that task.

So, I hope when the AM3+ processors arrive, especially the 8-Core, we'll see this badboy again being tested w/ the AM3+ processors?!?

It was a good review though, and with these mobo's sporting the 900 series chipsets popping up more and more online, I'm sure the "AM3+ FX's" are right around the corner, last I heard "June 2011" was the release date!