Ageia PPU not longer working with 09.10.0222

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by RamsesII, May 27, 2010.

1. RamsesII

RamsesII Active Member

GPU:
    INNO3d RTX 4080 ICB
    Hi guys

Need some advice of a real physx guru

The last Phyxs driver my Ageia PPU was working with was 09.09.408, but now that i've installed forceware 257.15, which obviously installs 09.10.0222, i cannot longer use my Ageia controll panel to apply physx on my PPU.

Does anyone know a workaround to enable physx on my PPU instead of my 8800 GTS?

I know Ageia PPU is old school, but untill i have build my new PC (will use a new GTX 480, and my current 8800 GTS 640 for physx) i still want to utilize my Ageia card

Thanks

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    "
    Nvidia’s own web-sites confirms the claim of the technician: Ageia PhysX processors users should use and install an older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04 that will enable Ageia PPU acceleration version 2.8.1 SDK or earlier and Windows Vista and Windows XP only. The current version of PhysX SDK is 2.8.3, hence, Nvidia dropped support for PPUs both in Windows 7 and in the latest software development kits.
    "

Source: http://www.solarisutilitydvd.com/in...s-ppu-physx-support&catid=39:latest&Itemid=53

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I would just ditch that card. I tried my old one with a 9800GTX+ and played that crappy CellFactor game they gave out for free. It ran horribly. I would just not worry about it and wait till you build your new system.

4. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    I have a BFG AGEIA physx card.

I installed an old driver (2.4) in windows xp compatibility mode. Be sure to de-installed in device manager any ageia card before installing the driver. then you installed the 8.09.... physx driver in windows xp compatibility mode then you installed the latest 9.10.0222. It work for me in windows 7 32 bits. Some newer game ask me to use medium physx.