4870 X2 into Sony TV

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by killzone_lfc, May 24, 2009.

1. killzone_lfc

killzone_lfc New Member

GPU:
    2GB ATI 4870X2
    Hello all i have ordered a new pc specs on the left and will be using a Sony 40 inch tv as my monitor as this is what i have at the moment, while it is probably obvious will i have to set my games resolution at or up to 1920 x 1080? Any replies will be appreciated :)

2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Well, of course setting your gaming resolution to 1920x1080 is the best thing ... you DID buy an HDTV, so why not use it to the full potential. Of course, that's assuming you have an 1080 TV and not a 720.

deltatux

3. killzone_lfc

killzone_lfc New Member

GPU:
    2GB ATI 4870X2
    Wow quick reply thanks, yeah thought it was a bit obvious. It is 1080 so can't wait to test it i have been using a ps3 which looks great so the pc should be awesome.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  4. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I have a 42 inch HD TV LCD @ 1080 my eyes hurt me all the time

5. blackfloyd

blackfloyd Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    I'm using a 4870x2 with a 32'' Sony 1080p TV. At first I was using two monitors, other one was a 22'' lcd monitor; but then I removed lcd monitor, cause Sony has an excellent image quality and not a single problem at all. Now I'm using both vga and hdmi outputs on TV in clone mode, Using VGA for internet, office applications and movies, using HDMI for games. You must set resolution to 1080p for maximum game experience, but some older or adventure like games may not go higher above 1280*1024, but that's not a problem in both VGA and HDMI you can work at 1280*1024 or lower resolutions.

6. Fith

Fith New Member

GPU:
    2x Asus 4770 - 37"@1080p
    On my 37", web pages with white backgrounds are too bright if viewed with the same TV settings as TV / GAMES...

So if you have Multiple TV set ups available on the remote you may want to turn that down if you sit close too. My TV is just out of reach when slouched at my PC.