MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 11, recording with audio.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Mainfold, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Mainfold

Mainfold Guest

GPU:
    580 GTX Lightning Xtreme
    If there is another thread about this that actually contains the answer, please do link to it, but I tried searching for it, but found nothing relevant.

..anyway, to the issue at hand, and wondering if anyone has any idea what I'm possibly doing wrong or why it's not working.

So here's the case.
    I've tried to record some games and such with the MSI Afterburner, with the 2.1.0 and the 2.2.0 beta 11 build. But, none of them give the clips any form of audio.
    I have basically tried anything I could think of, from stereo-mix to changing which unit it has set as it's audio source and type. ..yet, still no sound when I record.

The program itself is running as awesome as it usually is, clocking-wise and such. Only thing that is less than optimal at the moment, is the audio-recording part of the program.
    Though, given that it's a beta build, one should never expect everything to work, but many have gotten it to work, but suspect that they were mostly using the beta 5-build, rather than the 11-build which i currently have installed (and seeing as how 5 doesn't work any more, that rules it out).

Call me dumb or whatever if it's something simple I'm missing, but any help is welcome if it makes it work!

..for the record, it (on the video-recording side) totally blows fraps out of the water.

2. Pluberus

Pluberus Guest

GPU:
    HD6870
    Do you have "Enable audio capture" and "Downmix multichannel audio to stereo" checked? Recording game audio works for me in the beta versions. If you are talking about recording your own voice, you'll have to use a work around like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39gLMMvpXO8

(You can also do live commentary by using an audio program (like Audacity) to record your voice while playing, and then mixing the video and commentary together in a video editor).