Lost my job

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Apr 15, 2014.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Monday my boss told me i was no longer on payroll,gave me some papers to sign and that's it.
    Now,it sound crazy,but inside i was smiling...finally.
    I worked there as a computer tech,did my job went with the flow.
    For 4 years i endured a foul mouthed boss,constantly bitching about anything and anyone,you know that kind of people.
    Why i stayed that long and didn't quit before?
    Simple,here in Spain if you quit,you loose almost all laboral right,no unemployment pay,no nada.
    More,i needed a contract to buy my house,so i had to stay for a long period,so that my bank could give me green light in signing all that papers.
    So,even that present job market is anything but promising,i feel confident and relieved.
    For me,it is a fresh start.
    Now,i will concentrate on finishing school,and afterwards,well,spending a peacefull summer,getting rid of all that stress.
    I was thinking in recycling changing my trade,maybe is time to do another kind of job.
    Friend of mine is constantly asking me to put my time and brains in unlock ,tune and debug car central systems,say it pays a lot of money.
    Will see,first school,then whatever .
    Jobless,but happy inside and smiling.
    Cheers!

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Working a job you hate isn't something I'd recommend to anyone, at least not when given an option. There's always someone hiring. There's a bit of a mentality in my neck of the woods that you should be grateful for what you get and stick in with whoever hires you through thick and thin, and it's something I've never agreed with. I've seen factories where a huge portion of the workforce seemed to be depressed, and it isn't a healthy environment to spend any length of time in.

Good luck with the future, I hope you get yourself a more enjoyable job soon.

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I agree with you.
    You see,i was "forced"to stay,my wife was jobless for 2 years,and we wanted so badly to buy a house while prices are so low.The only way was to have a contract atleast 3 years old in the same job(spanish requirements,don't ask)
    So we agreed to stay,and now she was a job,and we managed to buy our house.

4. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Yey for weird European ways of doing things. Congrats on the house buy, and congrats on being fired? haha

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Congratulations?

6. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Haha, congrats!

7. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Find something you love to do,and you'll never work a day in your life.

8. aless83

aless83 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte r9 280x
    I live in Madrid and I know EXACTLY what you mean. Good luck man...

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    My lawyer called me to tell me that we have to solve some problems.
    My ex-boss made some shady modifications to my work contract,without my acknowledgement,so those changes will favor them when they put on the streets.
    More,they "promised " to pay me a sum of money wich i am entitle to(here in Spain is called finiquito) in 3 equal parts,in a period of time,but urged me to sign that paper on thespot.I declined.
    Now,my lawyer called them and seems that we will have a hot summer after all.
    Law is law ,and i hate when someone tries to steal me in such miserable way.
    Some friends told me not to sue and keep quiet,it will damage my reputation,when looking for another job.Thanks,but no thanks.
    I am suing and dig all those vile things they did to me and i have a lot of tapes and recordings.Teach them a lesson.
    I am waiting for the final laugh.
    Thanks for your time and support.

ps i was mocked as "cabezon" by my boss...stubborn as you say .maybe i am.

10. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    shame

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I think your only problem is that houses are not even low priced yet :)

Good luck with your "new" life. Not a good time now to lose a job, but... better unemployed than ****ed :)

12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I speak for myself.I found a 4 rooms attic below 30k,so i think is dirt cheap.Mortgage is around 200 eu /month.
    Already 2 job offers in this morning,one by phone ,another by a non-formal interview.I live in small town,word goes around.Seems that someone above loves me deeply.

13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    below 30k? :3eyes: ah ok in small town then is vgood (I guess its not totally new). I'm working in Barcelona and flats here go over 150k in "pseudo-good" places, maybe 80-90k if I would want to pay everything without going to banks. I hate the fact that interesting jobs (at least @ computing) are only available on big cities :puke2:

ye, for those ones they are already under current construction cost, for cities it still has to get a little down :).

nice to see ur getting other job offers, I hope they are good/decent :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Good luck man.

15. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Put up some pics of your new place =D and if you've got spare rooms we can come and visit =P

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Congrats on being fired! :)

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things!

I hate my job, I already tried to quit once after I booked a 10 week holiday but they said they'd keep it for when I got back! I don't think I can do more than another 6 months I need to find something else. Although I'm in a different position to you, it doesn't matter if I quid or get let go as the benefits I'd get would only be £26 a week and the experience is horrible so I'd never bother doing it again.

18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Dam, you cannot live on £26 per week, lol.

Hell I spend more than that per day on petrol, lunch, etc...

The government can shove their £26 up their @ss!!!

19. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    GOOD!!

The idea that you can quit a job and potentially get more from benefits is sickening!

To quit a job to just get handouts is plain wrong. Morally yes but sometimes it has to be done. But the system shouldnt someone to earn more on benefits for doing sweet FA than someone who works, regardless of the job.

£26 is the bare minimum, if you have rent and dependents, then the amount can sky rocket up.

Why can you not change job roles to another company?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  20. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Congrats man hope you get something sweet soon I know how hard it can be in Spain had to move back to England cant stand it in the UK anymore and I know what its like working in that kind of of environment.

But lot of my friends in Spain who aint Spanish are finding it so hard. A lot of people who lived on the urbanization where I had the bar there are having so much trouble selling.

But for me having worked in IT in the past I've found it so hard to get out of that area (always told my backgrounds to technical) as im trying to get more into the education/training side of employment services here what sadly don't care about the people in the system and just numbers.

But given the chance again I would be back in Spain just a shame my father holds onto the keys for the family house in Malaga if I could get hold of them I probably would go back.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014