Hybrid Physx Developer retires

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by quickkill2021, Feb 7, 2014.

1. quickkill2021

quickkill2021 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti sli Poseidon
    Not to sure if i can link to the website, but anyone who has hybrid physx knows where to download the mod. Just thought i would share this information. It is very sad indeed. Hopefully someone else can take up the project.

P10 "There is no reason for a changelog as all development on this mod is now officially frozen/completed. They have defeated my hack at this point, it's too difficult/I am too busy to continue, but it was good while it lasted. My recommendation is that if Mantle isn't awesome(both revolutionary and worth more than PhysX, which I doubt --does anybody know yet?) then just buy nVidia next time I guess(They only rip you off with the top of the line cards.)"

2. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    This really is a shame as I was just looking at getting 2x 290x + a simple nvidia for PhysX. Now I don't know whether to go 2x 290X or 2x780 Ti. I would save about 140 pounds on the AMD cards, but I won't have PhysX and so far I have preferred the Nvidia drivers compared to my AMD experiences.

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    If you want Gpu physx that bad then go for the cards that give you what you want.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Meh, have there been any PhysX enabled games at all since Borderlands 2?

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Ouch, Witcher3 is on PhysX....

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah witcher 3 looks amazing :D

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    So this hybrid PhysX is totally new to me.
    Is it something that allows you to have AMD as main card and use Nvidia card for PhysX processing using CUDA cores?

edit: nvm found it http://physxinfo.com/wiki/Hybrid_PhysX
    Damn I would totally use oldie 8800GTX for that...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    You know, its for peoples who own Nvidia cards.. because you cant do hybrid phYsx without an Nvidia gpu's...

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    No where did i say that it would work without a nvidia card, All I was saying with my post is to get the card that has the features you want. I just worded it wrong. I meant to say if you want Full GPU physx support get a pair of Nvidia card's, if not then a cheap card for hybrid physx with the limitation of GPU usage for 2.0 using games, since hybrid doesn't work for 3.0.

Of course I know you must have a nvidia card if you want GPU PhysX /Hybrid PhsyX.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Just a few, people shouldn't bother with it imo.

12. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Yeah pretty disappointing, I just found out last night when I was trying to get it to work on Arkham Origins. The worst part is that, at least on that game, the developers themselves seemed to have disabled it in the game itself. Hybrid physX works just fine in the Multiplayer portion of the game, but is locked out on the main single player portion.

13. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    Physx was always garbage i'm glad the guy stopped wasting his time.

14. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Yeah, the moment Nvidia decided to block GPU accelerated PhysX if it detected a ATI/AMD video card, it was dead to me.

15. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Pretty sad everytime PhysX get mentioned all the haters have to talk **** and **** up someone thread.. We have heard it all a million times already guys.