Help with New TV Choice

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Matt26LFC, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Hi guys, I'm looking at the possibility of purchasing a new TV for the bedroom. Now im not really a TV expert and don't know much about them tbh so i need help in choosing.

Now i've been looking at one in particular, mainly because its been advertised on TV. But it looks good to me.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-t27a300-27-full-hd-led-backlit-tv-monitor-11358369-pdt.html

What do you TV gurus no about this one, can't seem to find any reviews on it!

A few others things i should probably throw in is that my budget is around £250 i'd say £300 is my absolute max so if anyone has any suggestions please keep it within or on £300.

Also 1080p is a must, but i think everyone knows that. I like the idea of LED back lit as i belive they consume less power. Also not sure about 60Hz or 120Hz as in is 120Hz really necessary!? I've also read that a lot of 120Hz TVs aren't TRUE 120Hz screens? Anyone care to shed any light on this?

I'll be watching a broad range of things on this screen such as documentaries, movies (Pretty much all kinds of movies not just action) sports (mostly football) and what not, so its not got to excel at one type of viewing pleasure.

If theres anymore info you want from me please ask, any help will be much appreciated as always

Cheers

Matt

2. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    can't go wrong with a samsung imo.. monitors imo..
    and you the hz does matter, especially for fast moving things like football..
    i say wait a little till black friday

3. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Thanks for the response matey

I don't think we do black friday stuff here in the UK, so no need to wait really. Maybe i could put it on hold until january sales, im in no rush i guess.

As for hertz i should probably try do some reading up on it. But i have read that not all TVs are true 120hz so i may aswell just get the 60hz!?

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889187198

This is the TV I want, can't see it's price though, but from what I've read around, a little under 1100$.

But look at the specs, the reviews, all over Google it's getting 5/5 stars.