RAID and SSD - What´s the best config

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by vrs, Feb 8, 2012.

1. vrs

vrs Guest

GPU:
    Asus 560Ti
    Hello,

I have a Asus P8Z68Pro Gen3 with a Intel 2600K and 8Gb mem.
    Also have a Corsair Force 3 120GB as my main Operating system disk and some high use apps.

Before, on my old computer i had 2 2Tb disks in a RAID so i kept the RAID and installed those 2 disks at the intel sata ports also configured the bios to be in RAID mode. After that when i bought the ssd i installed the ssd at the intel Sata 3 port and it was identified by the RAID showing as "not in raid".

When i did benchmarks the values seemed a bit low Seq read: 202Mb/s and write at 63Mb/s so something is wrong when anounced is 500Mb/550Mb.

After some search read i should have ahci instead of raid config at bios, but my problem is: How i do that without losing the RAID i already have and with data?

2. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    If you make RAID out of 2,3,...50... HDDs that are part of that array + 1 that is excluded from array, that 1 additional automatically work in AHCI mode.

3. xXaJaXXx

xXaJaXXx New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    recover RAiD data

if u didn't back-up the data before u dismantled the array, the only way you can have it back is to recreate the array as it existed before. . then back it up (as an ISO or whatever). . then disassemble the array / set BiOS back to AHCI for those ports, reformat & then populate with your back up.