Any recent news on the Titan 2 / X / Whatever?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Pete J, Oct 18, 2014.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I see, that makes more sense then. I thought he was running those 2 5970, which would be really painful.

2. Kaapstad

Kaapstad Guest

GPU:
    4 x Titan X
    I have quite a few GPUs including Titans, 290Xs, GTX 690s, GTX 590s, HD 7970s and yes the HD 5970s but prefer not to put the more recent ones in my signature.:)

The real point I am making with the 980 v 690 is the Maxwell card can be noticeably faster @1080p then you see the 690 start pulling ahead @1440p and 1600p then finally (if you can find something that will only use 2gb) @4K the 690 is quite a bit ahead.

For me 4K is fantastic as I play strategy games like Civ5 where very high refresh rates don't matter. If I was 30 years younger and a big BF4 fan then I would probably want higher refresh rates.:)

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that largely depends on how games scale with sli. There will be some games where the 690 gets destroyed by a 980, and for me, these seem to be the games I tend to play, the quirky PC exclusives where multi gpu scaling isn't great or isn't there at all.

Where sli works well, the 690 will be faster than the 980, of course.

I went from 7950 cfx to a single 970 and I'm happy. btw, you can use DSR to downscale from 4k onto your whatever you have monitor anyway but I'm sure you know that.

Are you in Hampshire, UK?

4. Kaapstad

Kaapstad Guest

GPU:
    4 x Titan X
    Yes Southampton.

The 970s have been the real stars of the show so far with fantastic performance to match.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, not far, only 30 minutes down the road :) I'm on the M3, not saying which junction though haha.

I agree about the 970, I was ready to go and buy the 980 on release, then I checked the pricing in the morning of the launch and I couldn't believe it, it was a no brainer.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It made you feel bad? Wtf....you need to get out more. Thanks for that cause I got an infraction not that I give a **** about the infraction. As far as im concerned Hilbert can remove my account and all of my posts to go with it.

There are some nice people here but there are some right pricks and your one of them Yasa clearly up Kaapsatds backside because he has cards that you can only dream of owning and will never own, just like the rest of his minions over at Ocuk. Your just an arse licking little faggit in my eyes. (yes I know ill get a ban for saying this but I don't care, its true that your a little faggit, now go and report that to Hilbert you little ****!)

Who cares about Kaapstad and his Titans, he only came here to gloat. Not so long ago he was recommending people to buy a 690 with 2 Gb of ram until myself corrected him and said it was bad advice cause of lack of vram with consoles looming around the corner.

All his minions backed him up saying I was wrong, this was all on another forum. Just like I was wrong about the .bat file to overclock the 690, I was laughed at and ridiculed until I posted evidence and the thread went quiet. Same thing happened with custom AA flags blah blah blah. Sick to death of people thinking they know everything when they clearly don't. I have a lot of knowledge, more than majority of people here so I don't really give to hoots tbh, ill take it elsewhere.

That's the difference with me compared to other posters, I don't give a **** cause there is much more to life than what we are discussing here.
    ill get another infraction or permanent ban but I don't really care tbh because if I want to speak my mind I will, if my account is removed then so be it!
    That's life.:)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You received a one point infraction, you can have seven of these. So in comparison that is a mild slap on the fingers at best. If that already makes you so upset en write the stuff like you did above, honestly then you have a problem.

As regards to the post above, you now have received a 30-day time-out. Feel free to email me once you have cooled down and I will look into reactivating your account. But this aggressive attitude has got to change.

It's not that you can not discuss anything here the way you want it, it's how you behave and react to users. The attitude, insults and the language you use here is beyond acceptable, long time user or not.

H.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    No, that's the pretty restricted way you view things. I've been without a platform for 2 months and now with X99 I'm back to enjoying gaming and I've been having a blast. Can't ask for more.

I was not defending Kaapstad nor attacking you, but you clearly have temper and attitude issues which do not belong in this place.

As for all the other crap you have said, your mind is clearly not in the right place so you do need to cool down for a long, long time.

Keep playing the stubborn game, if you didn't care about this place then you wouldn't be posting but that's just the obstinate part of your brains shouting.

Hopefully next time I will satisfy the getting banned urge of yours when I report another insulting post of yours as soon as you get back from the timeout period.

Enjoy life as you call it.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    might as well close this imo, it's gone sour grapes.

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    A good topic shouldn't be closed because of a few attitude issues with some people.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    dunno if it's a good topic, it's all based on speculation, we don't know much about what will happen anyway.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Yeah agreed. You are going to see pot shots aimed at veteran otherwise and he can't defend himself.

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    True dat. This guy is an outsider, could care less for his fanboys from other forums or whatever or his 4 way titans (too stupid a purchase to advertize rich or not). That said, it did all go way too far irregardless of who's involved

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    How is this relevant? Do you guys generally think before posting?

I remember how I felt when I got 'welcome' to Guru3D.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll say this again, there's a new breed of people logging on to the forum and all they want to do is piss people off. It's getting tiresome. I'm not saying it's anyone in this thread, just in general. I'm off.

@Alex, you gonna be there at the Nightmare Tide launch? what time is it?

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    What with this broad you guys statement? I am genuinely offended by that.

17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Understandable, but old-timers here are getting increasingly hostile to new members. As I said, I remember how I felt when I first started posting.

I wasn't mentioning you. It was a general statement directed to those who feel the need to bash new users without good reason.

18. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I just think we got a new influx of newer members who have no clue and/or troll threads (*cough* nz377 *cough*)lately.

Makes everyone seem more irritated.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I could have put it better but I won't. this'll do.

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Technically im till active at the eu #1 guild and main raider, tho i havent spent a single minute playing the past 1 month. But yeah, I will, but im not liking the p2w aspects (to be competitive at a high level at the very least) introduced with this, so I've not made up my mind mid/long term. But yeah, for now / today sure :p

Could PM you guild TS info if you want to chat in a subchannel there or w/e, not that i know much about the expac to share atm :p

Launch is like... now, few mins more for them to get the patching stuff up for DL on the client.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014