Windows 8 64bit has ruined my CCC

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Druuge, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Druuge

Druuge Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [FIXED] Windows 8 64bit has ruined my CCC (No options available)

I've found a couple of posts about this but no real answers. Anyone have one?

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling 6 different times with the 12.10 & 12.11 betas. I've tried various combinations of uninstall methods like overwriting, driver sweeper safe-mode, driver sweeper no safe mode, the obvious choices. Yet I'm always left with absolutely zero options in AMD Control Center.

Anyone else have this problem on Windows 8? Everything else works great but these drivers. (First time I've EVER had a problem with AMD's drivers)

PIC:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12298137/!ccc.png

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    run ccleaner/registry clean after un-install

3. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK

Do this step by step
    1. uninstall all CCC and driver and let window install its default driver.

2. Now Run the setup u want to install make sure u select only CCC as windows 8 ignore the display driver from ur setup as it have already install.

3. Now after installing CCC go to Device manager under display adapter select ur gpu and right click on it then click update driver give the path to the folder where ur ccc setup extracted usually on C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta6\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF and select manually the display driver inf file it wil lthen install display driver properly which will giveu option in CCC.

4. CCC must be installed to the corresponding display driver otherwise CCC will not detect all the options of display driver in ccc.

5. Try it let me know.

MY CCC 12.11 beta 6.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Yes same happen to me when I used the OLDER versions of AMD JUST before windows 8 was launched. But after launch never had that problem.

5. deviations

deviations Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5470
    I can't even get CCC or any of the display drivers to install on my computer. I'm running a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro with media center on my laptop with HD5470.

Here's my log:

The driver won't update either when I manually select the driver. I've never had problems like this installing and updating ATI drivers... what am I missing??

6. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    Use Device manager to update video driver by selecting the inf file in amd folder I had mentioned in my previous post dont do search automatically click on have a disk then select inf file will install fine. Make sure display driver version matches the ccc aka 12.11 (9.0.1.8)

7. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Lots of people are going to read the thread title and even more so be convinced that Windows 8 is not for them. This is not a Windows 8 problem. I have no issues with ccc in Windows 8, the same goes for thousands of others, probably the majority .

8. deviations

deviations Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5470
    I'm running W8 64-bit and tried selecting installing the driver with "have disk" and tried all 3 .inf files in W86A_INF but they all say that the driver is not compatible with this version of Windows..

9. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    try whql driver?

10. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I've seen this issue only when upgraded from Windows 7.

11. Druuge

Druuge Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yep that's exactly what I did.

Trying out what you said nik.

12. Druuge

Druuge Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For the record, I love Windows 8 but this issue can't be anything but some weird conflict with Win 8. Worked fine on 7.

13. Druuge

Druuge Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks man this worked. If anyone else has this problem (possibly due to using the upgrade install from Win 7) follow these instructions.