660 TI SLI vs GTX680

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DiceAir, Apr 8, 2013.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Hi there

In my previous post I posted about issue with my GTX 570s twin frozr fan issue. So now I'm sitting in sort of dilemma. Should I go GTX660ti SLi, GTX 680. Bare in mind it's the 660ti power edition and the GTX680 I think is only the twin frozr III edition.

one of these

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N680GTX-Twin-Frozr-2GD5-OC-.html

vs

2 of these

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N660Ti-PE-2GD5-OC.html#?div=Feature

Now I was thinking maybe the 680 will give me better experience due to the fact that there is no microstutter. I will also have some money to spend on something else if I go for the gtx680 rather than the GTX 660Ti SLI. I can also find out if they have the gtx680 4GB version if I really need that.

2. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    get 1 680 and if you feel the need in the future go sli 1 would be suffice for 1080p gaming 4gb would be good for new games

3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I have 660ti in sli there fast crysis3 is very playable I sit at 60fps almost all the time everything very high except post processing high a lot faster than a GTX680 I have seen in some reviews that's it is about the same as a titan in some games (sli profile dependent)

it is my first time using a Sli system so far I love it not had any problems with any games, a single 660ti is awesome at 1080p so I figure if a game has no sli profile at least a single card is good enough upto 1080p

I recommend sli 660ti but a GTX680 will use less power and when in sli its quicker but depends how your going to use them

4. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    ok fair play, when games become to much for the 660ti sli will you tri sli? if so don't you think the 680 would of been a better choice for the future to go sli with a monster gain?

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I figure when 660ti in sli cant handle games at 1080p tech and graphics will have improved a lot and the 680 in sli will be playing on high instead of ultra and 660ti on medium/high.

If I had the money yep GTX680 sli would be awsome. But I don't think it will last much longer graphics are improving all the time in 2 or 3 generations of hardware the 680 660 will be slow and outdated and unable to play the latest games look at crysis3 its already starting we need sli to play it well current hardware is already being pushed

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  6. Arbold

Arbold Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac Amp Extreme
    If one msi card died on you... why go for another one. Take a EVGA or Gigabyte one. :)