Cyberlink Fails In Customer Support - Again

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Capt Proton, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Capt Proton

Capt Proton Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 570
    I have been trying to resolve an issue with PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II and Blu-Ray 3d. I am not going to get into the problem, the purpose of this post is to create some noise about the absolutely unacceptable customer service, and not for the first time. I did try to lodge a complaint, but, according to the signature, my complaint went to the same person the complaint was about! That should tell you something right there.
    Let me insert the main text that has so inflamed me.

"- Ensure that your VGA drivers already support 3D vision. The NVIDA WHQL driver does not yet support CyberLink PowerDVD 10. You can visit the NVIDIA Beta site to download the latest beta graphic drivers. The latest beta drivers are 196.34 (or above) and 196.21 3D Vision driver (or above)."

Of course, drivers 196.34 are from January of this year, and the most recent are 260.99, quite a difference.

As well, there is this, which I attempted to point out

"If you follow this link, http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html you will find that Cyberlink's own website states that Blu-Ray 3D and Tru Theatre 3D are supported by Nvidia 3D Vision. It also refers to 3D Vision CD for Desktop GPUs v1.38."

Not only were the statements sent to me incorrect, they were totally out of sync with information posted on their own site!

In frustration, I activated my one month free phone support so I could speak to someone to bring this incredibly poor support effort. I am now attempting to get this feature reinstated for when I really need it, however, the latest response I got completely ignored my request and presented the same old platitudes in an attempt to make me go away.

If I thought there was anyway to get my money back, I would ditch PowerDVD in a heart beat and find soem other solution.

2. Capt Proton

Capt Proton Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 570
    I have received a response which I consider a satisfactory interim response. Not the final answer, but, a start.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah I had a look at their forums when crapware Moovielive was bundled with it.
    Numerous complaints relating to the inability to disable moovielive.

The answers were always "it can't be disabled", or "it's a feature" blablablah.

Total Bullshlt. Pathetic.

It can be disabled, if you know how, and where to find the .exe file
    And it's not a feature, it's adware.

Dude if you want to get some real answers, check out Doom9 or Avsforums.
    They're the Guru3D of anything related to video playback...

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    gotta agree, cyberlink support sucks.

i had issues getting the 60fps truetheater working in powerdvd10. it was working flawlessly in powerdvd9 with all video codecs and containers, but with powerdvd10 it works for everything except mp4 containers.

in my email to them i mentioned that i had powerdvd9 and bought a powerdvd10 upgrade.

in their reply, they said 'im sorry, but you have bought the incorrect version. the powerdvd10 upgrade is only for owners of powerdvd9, you need to click the following link, claim a refund and purchase the full version of powerdvd10.'

its like they dont even read your message, because they didnt say a single thing that answered my question.

5. Capt Proton

Capt Proton Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 570
    No matter how many times you point something out.

And how about my official complaint going to the same person that was causing the issue? That really says a lot to me about the lack of any real effort to provide good customer service.

Unfortunately, we have no choice. The electronics market is practically monopolized by companies from this part of the world, and they do not subscribe to the western world's concept of customer support and pride in their work. As such, we are doomed to inferior after purchase satisfaction if something goes wrong. That is why we need to be vigilant, and make sure the product is the best available and has a high chance of success.