ASUS ROG Launches Maximus VII Formula Series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Maximus VII Formula and Maximus VII Formula/Watch Dogs, Z97 chipset-based ATX gaming motherboards ready for the latest 4th-, new 4th- and 5th-generation I...

ASUS ROG Launches Maximus VII Formula Series

2. Antykain

Antykain Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Outstanding.. finally! I will now be making the switch from AMD to Intel.. Been waiting for this board to be released for quite sometime now, and ready to pull the trigger on it. :)

3. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    at last!

waiting for the review.

edit: any information on the price?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    What about the price (Euro) 250-300?

5. Battlefieldprin

Battlefieldprin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 780TI DC 2 OC 3GB
    well , they are going to replace the previous generation even the prices ........... I am going to skip this for haswell E

6. Riffmaster

Riffmaster Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 Lightning Extreme
    I've read in some forums that current Asus Z97 boards are still affected by Real Time Clock bug brought by Z87 platform. Is this still true with this board, even though its a bit "late" to the party?

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No issues here.

Latest BIOS running on he board.

I can hit 5Ghz on my i7 4790K, but I noticed no real gaming advantages so I backed down to 4.8 and am keeping it there.

IMO unless you need all the extra fancy Wi-Fi stuff etc, then people should be looking at the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO. It's literally the formula without all the extras, so it costs less.

I had the MAXIMUS V FORUMLA paired with my i7 3770k, awesome board, but I had most of the stuff disabled and never needed the Wi-Fi on PC.

If people are worried about OC'ing, the HERO can do the same as FORMULA there.

8. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    @GhostXL : you change a 3770k for a 4790k ?
    I tried a 4770k and I ve not seen any kind of huge performance update between the two platform.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Imo wait, 6core 5820k Haswell-e will be better + ddr4

I've read about this, it had clock and date reset issues or something like that.. from what I saw its mostly lower end ROG or mainstream A, K, C mobos

I didnt experience it though. Maybe one time with earlier bios, but Im not sure, in uefi clock time would "skip" every few sec, didnt see it since with newer bios.

10. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for this insightful comment. I'm looking at all these high-end mobos with fancy extras, but in fact I really need a solid power line, adequate cooling, good PCI-E layout, and no strange noises. Some good connectivity like 2 Ethernet ports, a few USBs 3.0, SATA III and Express, and multiple programmable fan connectors would come in handy too.

All these WiFi and sound cards, game bundles and branding add cost that is really unnecessary for quite a few potential buyers.

11. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    no love for me. i've been waiting for the 780ti matrix platinum since it was reviewed back in march. looks like i'll be getting an 880 before the 780s are even out. the formula is a sexy board tho. good for you waiting on it. ive a VI and am very pleased w/it