Need URGENT advice in choosing CPU cooler

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by rap1021, Mar 22, 2017.

1. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    Hello All.
    I have an Cooler master stryker cabinet.
    I want to install either an corsair h110i or h115i cooler.
    But the problem is they both have 280mm radiator, and in stryker specs its written 240 mm supported.
    but i read some where that 280mm radiator will fit in the stryker case.
    Please If anyone can confirm the whether stryker supports 280mm radiator or will I have to go for a 240 mm radiator..
    Thank You.

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

CM Stryker or Storm Trooper both should be able accommodate 280mm radiator but you can have few issues there as some of brackets can cause issues and block airflow of the case

Can you try measure how much space you have there but I would personally get Noctua NH-D15S or NH-D15 or Cryorig R1 Ultimate or Universal with these you will have same or similar temps as with AIO or CLC

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    So then I will go for the Corsair H100i V2..
    Thanks a lot for the help.

4. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    EK makes some really nice AIO kits. A little assembly required though. Would you like a link?

5. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Here you go:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=37B-000B-000E6

240mm radiator, reservoir, EK's Supremacy EVO Block (doesn't get any better than that), coolant is included as well as tubes and fittings. Everything you need right there including EK's Vardar fans which are some of the best also out there for high static pressure applications.

I'd say spend the extra $80 on this bad boy, gonna be worth it all day. Those closed loops things are junk.

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

As above I would go route of the EK kit which would be better than any AIO/CLC and will cool yours CPU

H100i V2 is one bad AIO/CLC have used one and failed on me and never been impressed with the temperatures, NH-D15 has been better and cooled my 5820k lot better than H100i there

I would stay away from any AIO/CLC if you want have better temperatures

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

7. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    thanks for the advice.
    will definitely have a look.
    have to watch some videos regarding installation.

8. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    these looks great.
    would definitely consider it.
    thanks

9. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    You buying new components or trying to cool that i3 4150 down? I have the H100i V2 and I got the settings on quiet for the radiator and 2100-2400RPM on the fans and it keeps my i7 2700K under 50-55c, room temp being maybe around 75-80F. That temperature is usually on the overclock @4.5GHz. It doesn't even go any higher than 40c when its @3.5GHz stock frequencies. If you have Microcenter available where you live they have it on sale sometimes. 99 bucks....

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

With kit you will receive all what you need to cool yours CPU, if you want to cool GPU then you will need GPU block and two extra fittings and there is good guide included in this kit

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Hi there

Sadly in India I don't think he will find Microcenter or Newegg etc and regarding the H100i stock fans are loud, not sure how far yours PC is from you but I wouldn't never ever consider H100 or anything from Corsair AIO/CLC range, you want use good fans and quiet fans and at the end you will spend twice as cost good air cooler like is Cryorig R1 or Noctua NH-D15 etc and still good air cooler will be running cooler than yours Corsair

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura