AOC g2460Pg 24-Inch Monitor comes with G-SYNC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    OC introduces a new premium gaming monitor with an impressive array of high-end technological features for a true state-of-the-art gaming experience. Thanks to the integrated NVIDIA G-SYNC technology,...

AOC g2460Pg 24-Inch Monitor comes with G-SYNC

2. bnjohanson

bnjohanson Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Sounds very interesting....thanks for not mentioning anything at all regarding price and/or status of presumptive pricing. Pricing for items like this are completely irrelevant since this is one of those things that we either expect to get for free, and if not, we'll just steal it...

* For those that fall outside of what must be the seemingly anticipated behavior illustrated above, I was able to locate this via HEXUS:

" AOC has informed us that the g2460Pg 24-inch gaming monitor will be available, starting from next month, at a recommended retail price of £369 including VAT. That price seems to represent a £169 premium on the AOC g2460Pgu (£199 at SCAN), I found during a quick price search. "

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    nice lil 24" g sync would fit well with a larger 3d tele.
    use for intense online stuff like bf4.

4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    I'll bite once something at 1440p becomes available.

5. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    hopefully it's priced to go against the asus 3d kit bundle monitors.

6. riardon

riardon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX760
    Happy to see Gsync is coming to more monitors. Although this monitor's design is horrible for me. Looks pretty ugly.

7. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
  8. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Gsync will help low - mid range pcs/gpus mostly but will make high end look beautiful, in theory.

Problem is no one can see how well this works without physically seeing it in action.

9. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

11. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    They keep making Gsync monitors TN panels....

People really want IPS and 1440p.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well G-Sync is definitely more of a gaming oriented thing so OEM's are going to prioritize it in gaming monitors first. There are also firmware changes that have to be made in order to compensate for the higher response times of IPS panels. Then you have the price issue. IPS @ 1440p are already pretty expensive tacking another $200 on to it isn't going to help sales.

13. riardon

riardon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX760
    IPS can't do 144hz and 1ms response times. IPS is great for colour reproduction but they are slow.

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    FFS not this again. Any one who has been following the ROG SWIFT will know it's the first 8-bit TN panel ever and it's 1440p.

Now can we stop with this IPS lark? BTW I have a Qnix IPS and they are not all that. Smearing when turning in BF4 is not great as some make out.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No one said they have to do either. Plenty of people here game at 60hz IPS @ 7-8ms response times. Adding G-Sync will further improve that @ 1440p resolutions. I wouldn't mind a G-Sync IPS, I just understand why OEM's are not prioritizing it. The market for IPS is small as is.

16. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    while I agree 30->60fps G-Sync is much better than 30->60fps V-Sync, we're still talking relatively low fps,
    which I can easily notice, G-Sync or not. at these scenarios I mostly appreciate the low latency and overcoming cases of extreme stutter.

however, and despite common conception, for me - 60->144fps is where it REALLY shines (not dismissing the fact it also helps with fps drops).
    V-Sync juddering/microstutter at higher frame rates is even more disturbing, frustrating and relatively apparent than at "console grade" frame rates you're referring to, which IMO sucks to begin with.
    see, playing at 80-90fps for instance, you come to expect much more than what you actually get using plain V-Sync, TB and whatnot, however you do not expect flawless motion at say 40-50fps. well, at least I don't.

you cannot imagine what a relief it is to finally fully enjoy silky smooth motion & response of high fps, regardless of it fluctuating or even steady at unmatching full/half refresh rate V-Sync.
    not to mention getting rid of all the hassle involved in having to consistently and optimally configure in-game and driver related stuff at a per game basis, where possible.
    at last, I can concentrate on actually playing the damn games, more than messing about with limitations (and I'm a long time 120hz followed by 144hz V-Sync user alright).

a "cheap" fast ASUS 1080p TN panel with G-Sync DIY kit slapped on it, by far provides the best gaming experience I've ever had regarding fluidity, latency and ease of mind,
    which I give higher priority when gaming, rather than say color reproduction or under performing ultra resolutions. (I fill my pixel-wise needs with antialiasing and downsampling as I see fit).

also, Nvidia's control panel backs me up on this :)
    [​IMG]
    (mind you, that's the only scenario listed there)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  17. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So have I :banana:
    Not sure if I want that one or a 4k monitor though. I just don't like the idea of 60hz with the 4k.

18. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    That Asus will be mine. I've experimented with downsampling of 2560x1600 enough to know that my cards will handle the 1440p, though not at 144 Hz for sure :)

4K is for my next rig, which won't be before 2016.

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I would love to have a 4K monitor, in fact, before I bought my Qnix I had one in my shopping cart for like a month thinking about it but right now I don't think the support is there. Most people keep talking about graphics performance but that's like the least of my issues with 4K. I have a user at my work who has one of the 4K 30hz dell monitors on Windows 8 -- he uses it for CAD work. Windows/App scaling at 4K is in a really bad state right now. Some apps scale decently, others have broken font/asset scaling -- VLC for example will scale everything except for the text and player controls, it looks terrible. Some apps are completely broken, with text/buttons/etc removed from view.

And then I couple that with the fact that there is no 4K media really that I'm going to watch on it and even at 60Hz I feel like I'd rather game at a higher FPS and refresh rate -- I dunno I just think it's still too early for 4K. I'll reconsider when Windows 9 comes out, hopefully they'll fix some of the DPI scaling issues by then. I use my Qnix as a secondary and 1440p is enough of a step up for me to be happy with it, 96Hz is a plus. My main is a BenQ XL2420T that I plan on replacing with the Swift when it launches.

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    In that case I'll definitely give 4K a pass for now, leave it for my next upgrade when Skylake/Cannonlake and maybe Maxwell/Pascal is available.