HDTV and PC connection

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by tsunami231, Dec 8, 2015.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Do any HDTV 4k or not have display ports? or is all HDMI which i not really fond of for PC connection.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    more of i dont want to waste HDMI port for PC connection then there is the whole Limit/Full Range issue HDMI have on nvidia side. which not issue with DP/DVI etc.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Unless i've missed something the full range RGB issue has been fixed with Nvidia drivers.

Looking around i think it's just Panasonic who has support, i'm assuming your wanting something bigger which is why your not just getting a monitor.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well I on the 385.50 driver and just test the HDMI and it was not I still had to use NV_RGBFullRangeToggle to fix it, There is setting that is in the NVCP shown when hdmi is used ( but dont say FULL/Limited), but dont seem to do anything unless i looking in wrong plaace.

And even it was fixed I perfer DP for PC connection and HDMI for everything else

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm using DVI to HDMI (mostly due to cable length) but i see this.

[​IMG]

Does it have to be a TV?

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    See that wasnt there yesterday when I was looking for it and testing the HDMI yesterday... after used the NV_RGBFullRangeToggle it was set to Full. color where right

And I tested again TODAY the HDMI cable and now those settings are there... I wonder if they hidden by defualt till it set by registry edit, or maybe I just doing something wrong.

None the less I rather HDTV have DP for PC connection and leave my HDMI for other components. which why I use the VGA port on my HDtv and not it HDMI (it only has 3 which are used) and most now are only 4 which still leave me with 3

Would seem only Panasonic most expensive UHDTV supports DP.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015