Skyrim Special Edition - Pretty Good Multi-threading now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by campcreekdude, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I think I saw a mod which help implement the the Fall Out 4 profile in Skyrim in Nexus Mods website.

2. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Yes You did see a crossfire fix

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...n/ajax/moddescription/?id=2805&preview=&pUp=1

I get flickering.
    I enable V-sync and still get flickering.
    Back to the drawing board.

When I had vsync disabled the patch seemed to work with flickering.
    When I enabled vsync the patch creates over-brightness and still flickering.

I dont like the issues that it brings.
    I did not check if there was a performance increase as it required me to download a saved game.

Can't access menus when you start a new game. I have not started playing this massive game yet.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  3. Gabe1962

Gabe1962 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 1060 6GB WF OC
    Hi All.

I am too, looking to understand Skyrim SE cpu processing in order to help with benchmarking mods etc.

Would you agree that the AMD tests (not sure if Intel is same), suggests the following:

Up to 4 cores - uses 3 max
    Above 4 cores / threads - uses 4 max.

Just my 2 cents.

Exactly, I may add, as Flight Simulator 10.

Of course, the biggest bonus from Skyrim SE, is that it uses more than 4GB RAM - I am currently using over 5GB in the outdoor areas, and just 2GB VRAM. My CPU is around 30 to 35 percent... thus using just 1.3 cores out of 3.

Looking good thus far as I have installed Flora Overhaul (35 from 50 - about half of it capability), Bigger Trees, SMIM and Noble Skyrim.

Thought I'd add this in case other people are looking. Took me ages to find this post !

Cheers