Afterburner no longer displaying "gpu memory usage"

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by toaster12, Mar 17, 2016.

1. toaster12

toaster12 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    I can only find "memory usage" on the OSD monitoring section, which doesn't exactly monitor the vram and can't find the original "gpu1 memory usage". Does anyone know what happened here? The last thing I did was clearing the cmos by accident. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Have you tried doing a clean reinstall of RTSS? I would try that. Just click "no" when RTSS asks if you want to save settings when you uninstall it. Once you reinstall just add your applications to RTSS and configure as you normally would.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

"which doesn't exactly monitor the vram" is wrong statement, both "memory usage" and "gpu1 memory usage" are alternate names for the same performance counter in single/multi gpu configurations (if here are at least two gpus in the system "gpuX" prefixes are being added to the graph names). Most likely by clearing the cmos you simply disabled integrated Intel graphics usage, which is monitored by AB as an independent gpu.