No OC when in games.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Dwaine Love, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Dwaine Love

Dwaine Love New Member

No OC when in games. (fixed)

Edit: Fixed by resetting to defaults in registry.

My core clock always gets set back to 300 now (default) when I go into games. No matter what my 2D/3D performance is set to, it will default back to 300. I'm assuming its switching over to low power 3D? Is there any way to disable this? This wasn't a problem on a different install two days ago with the same hardware.

Would appreciate any help. I did do a search. :)

Pertinent info:
    6800LE AGP
    Driver 78.01
    Riva version - 2.0 RC 15.7

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  2. Petroff

Petroff New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800le 16x1,6 @380/870
    Same problem

I have the same problem. Maybe a stupid question but, what do you mean by resetting registry? Is that something in Rivatuner?

3. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

yes... read the readme/help

4. Petroff

Petroff New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800le 16x1,6 @380/870
    Thx for the help.
    I have now found that one and resetted it to default, but the problem still remains. Sometimes when I start a game or 3dmark05, the clock just wont go up.
    I have only made changes to the clock frequency in the 3d performance tab. The strange thing is that it works sometimes, and last time I tried it with 3dMark05 the clock frequency went up after the test was finished.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

thx

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTFM, pay atterntions to questions related to throttling. And _never_ overclock system without understanding basics. Especially if you blindly disable stress testing without understanding what exactly are you doing.