Alien isolation is a blast of game do you agree?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Nov 9, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Aliens isnt just known for its action its known for well written dialog witty and superb one liners and to top it very likeable characters. Hicks and hudson for example are great characters in the film and he gets to say the witty one liners, the atmosphere in the movie is just superb

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Except Hudson was a very annoying character, always whining and Bitching. Hicks was the man!

Oh an Ripley ''Get away from her you bitch!!!'' .

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Let me just add something to this- Theres is a guy on STEAM who made a visual mod for Alien isolation and let me be the 1st here to say it looks 10x better now! Give it a shot guys.I love the mod.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Share the link bro so we can check out this mod. I wouldn't mind at all to replay the game. It is so well optimized it runs fully maxed on a single GTX 580 at 60 fps...

5. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    That's what happens when games aren't infested with nvidia gameworks

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha. :) If only the same could be said about other titles. Unfortunately many ports are poorly coded and unoptimized making the game perform like $hit.

There are several other recent titles very well ported such as Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3, Alan Wake, Alien Isolation, etc... We need more!

7. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Hard pressed to think of a single game with gameworks that runs well. Most AMD sponsored games run well. Gameworks is a plague.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  8. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Link please

9. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    "Game over man, GAME OVER" Memorable line from Bill Paxton.

I agree. Hicks was great in Aliens.

10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I have played the game now through Mission 3 and I agree. It is awesome. No other game that doesn't have the shooter style has held my interest as well. I did get the revolver though so maybe I'll get to shoot something soon.

One line my mother always used on us when we were kids is apropos for this game "Don't dawdle".

11. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilt...1208933/Alien Isolation - Modded Settings.zip

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilt...08933/Alien Isolation - Original Settings.zip

- LOD value of 6.0 is Full. Previous 1.0 value is Standard.
    - 3072 and 4096 values added to Shadow Resolution.
    - Higher value added to Particles for GPU-Accelerated.
    - Alternate Planar Reflections added that ignore the values found in the reflection map. Not selected by default.
    - Streaming Texture Heap Size raised to 1024 for better texture resolution and streaming performance.
    - Streaming Model Heap Size raised to 512 for better model resolution and streaming performance.
    - Field of View values changed to horizontal FOV and values of 75, 80, and 85. Values higher than 85 cause the player's legs to clip.
    - Anti-aliasing reordered so SMAA T2X is selected as the best choice.

Here you go guys, I vouche for this mod currently using the same one,It kicks serious ass!!!! All props go to that guy obviously.Nz

12. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Sorry it took so long been busy at work.Please let me know what you guys think about the mod.Also feel free to add me on Steam nickz.

The folder needs to be dropped here......SteamApps/common/Alien isolation/Data. Drop the folder there and you schould be good to go.:banana:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ using the same mod myself, it's pretty good!

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Just fired up crew expendable runs 200-300 fps maxed out 1440p, Ill run it 100 vsynced, did the mod without playing the game vanilla though.

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yup as i said before, what made this game for me a memorable one are these aspects:
    1-art style and graphics(lighting etc)
    2-catches the alien movie feel and nails it.
    3-i've rarely seen atmospheric games as this.
    4-sound design is absolutely superb adds to the atmosphere to make it top notch,game is a must play with earphones.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Never played it, im too old for hide and seek now :p

17. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    By the way, to those who've played it (I have), did you feel the game was somehow...familiar? Even though it scared the bejesus out of me, the actual environment felt - how to describe it - immediately understandable?

18. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Yeah, almost like the universe was explored with 4 major theatrical movies... odd...

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, actually, that specific style was only shown in one film.

Each following sequel changed the style and theme. Aliens being the closest, but even it had it's own distinct feel and look.

Alien 3's rust colored prison and iron works was definitely it's own creation. And Alien Resurrection... well, we don't really need to bring that **** into this now do we. :)

20. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I really appreciate the game, it is good. The gameplay is definitely not for me though. I am thinking of playing it on the new tourist mode lol.