Heroes of the Storm

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Nov 9, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    OMG!!!

Diablo meet SC meet WoW, awesome. The blonde in the trailer is cute!

3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Signed up for the beta, let the waiting game begin!

I hope Blizzard sticks to their tried and tested mantra which they've stuck with for years, which is easy to play, tough to master. I like Dota 2 but the way the game slams a truckload of info in your face right from the start always sort of puts me off so if Blizzard manages to somehow avoid that, then this could very well be the moba game for me.

4. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Looks fun! I think I saw a Murloc as well ;)

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    So this is Blizzard's dota/dota2/lol variation... bah, I'm not a fan of the genre. :(

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Me neither ;) Still looking for a decent RTS these days..

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    There's beta sign up? I'm all over that

9. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Same, seems like a cash in while its flavour of the week. Can't blame them as it was a mod on one of their games but I'm starting to get tired of games being made to be esports or pure competition. Games were fun when I was a kid now it seems its just a big epeen contest with K/D-Ratios and ranks.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yea in case you were unaware you can opt in for the beta in your battle.net account settings.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Done. Better get in, been lucky with blizz betas recently :)

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Me too. Finally got into the Hearthstone beta on Friday. :D

13. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    What makes you think that this game is designed with that in mind? I don't mean to accuse you of making some improbable leap in logic (afterall, this is from same company that made SC2, third largest esport game ATM) but I haven't seen any specifics that pointed towards this game being made mainly for esports.

On more general topic about the game, not a fan of the genre but I'm curious to see this "20 min match" design they are aiming for.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Nothing wrong with having a competitive game. I suppose you dislike games that require teamwork as well?

From what I've seen of the Blizzcon presentations the game looks like a lot of fun. And that's coming from someone that can't stand LoL.

15. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    It seems I've managed to ruffle a few feathers with my last post. What I was refuring to is that both Dota an LoL are played at esports level and it just seems like this will be the same. As for that team work comment, where did I say that I didn't like any multiplayer with teamwork? It was more aimed at everyone has to win everything all the time or your a noob or generally how abusive players seem to be now towards others. I know this has always been the case with multiplayer it just more common now than people playing for the fun of it. I know all players aren't always acting like dicks it just feels like more do now.

16. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    You didn't ruffle my feathers cause I have none... on metaphorical level my feathers remain un-ruffled as well so no worries.

And yes, I get that's what you were referring to, but I was wondering why you were thinking that way because few impressions I heard from those who play both DotA and LoL were saying they haven't felt the "This is for the esports!" vibe at blizzcon presentation at all.

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I get what you're saying and believe me, this game will be full of arseholes because it being free which in itself serves as a magnet but also because the blizzard player base largely thanks to WoW has gone downhill hard in the past decade. Best those of us who are bothered by such a behaviour just try and grow a thicker skin and wear our flameproof cloaks.

As for the E-sports subject, blizzard has said that they aren't aiming for E-sports but that it'll be down to the community if the game takes off in that scene.

18. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Bang on the money and pretty much what I thought when I saw the game was the crowd it was going to attract. I guess you're right in that it'll be up to the community if they want to make it an esport as Blizzard wouldn't make a game and say "this is an esport tittle, now go play it" but there's certainly a market for this genre and they know it. I'll give this a spin just like I did with dota 2 which I had a bit of fun with, but players just take it way to seriously.

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF