HearthStone - Heroes of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Aug 29, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

[​IMG]

For official homepage click the pic above ^^

A couple of official YouTube videos
    What is Hearthstone?
    Official trailer

• Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game that anyone can enjoy. Players choose one of nine epic Warcraft® heroes to play as, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent.
    • Sheathe your sword, draw your deck, and get ready for Hearthstone - the fast paced strategy card game that's easy to learn and massively fun. Start a free game on Battle.net and play your cards to sling spells, summon creatures, and command the heroes of Warcraft in duels of epic strategy.
    • With powerful prebuilt decks, and hundreds of additional cards to win, craft or purchase - your collection never stops evolving.
    • Challenge players of all skill levels on Battle.net or hone your skills in practice matches against some of the greatest strategists of Azeroth - Thrall, Uther, Gul'dan, and more!

Apply for the beta from your battle.net account!

I'm really hyped about this game. Whilst not being a hardcore card player, I've played some Lord of the Rings cards before, also some Magic the Gathering in the past. Hearthstone seems to be a fast pace, streamlined for fun card game and it looks really good fun from what I've seen on Twitch streams and on YouTube. The beta has received some great feedback from the community and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Beta has already started in NA, EU will have to wait a few more weeks, typical.

I really hope this will not be pay to win, that would make me stop playing in an instance. What are your thoughts on this game? Oh, if you only post in here because you're a Blizzard hater, don't bother, please.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How do I apply? I logged into my BNet account and then downloaded the system specs checker and it uploaded them to Blizzard and then I was taken to my game codes page .. is that it?

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Log into your battle.net account, then sellect "Games & Codes", then Beta profile settings from the drop down menu. On the right hand side you'll have all the Blizzard games you can opt in for beta for. Check Hearthstone, then update preferences. You will be opted in for beta access.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    BTW, if anyone has a spare beta key, please shoot it my way! I'd love one.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, so am I the only one interested in this game? Anyway, has anyone got a beta key they haven't used yet? There's a lot of upset european players that didn't get in and Blizzard are trying to give away keys on FB and Twitter but there's just too much interest and those keys disappear in less than a second (no joke). If you have a key, pm me, I need to talk to you :)

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Id like to give it a try, but they havn't picked me yet :p

Perhaps because i already had a WotLK, MoP and Heart of the Swarm Beta : /

8. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i was interested till i seen it was a card game lol

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I love card games like this, and I'm opted in for the beta. No email yet sadly.

10. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I'm totally interested in this game, in fact I think it looks great - but alas as per usual yet to get in the beta (I swear I only ever get into betas if I can pay to get into them via pre-ordering etc :bang:).

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    beta keys are selling for a lot of money atm guys, I've entered some giveaways on twitter/facebook yesterday and no gain, thing is there's thousands of people pressing f5 and literally a second after a key is posted, it's claimed, it's impossible to do unless you get really lucky. Anyway, I really hope to get into the game asap, looks great.

12. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Blizzard beta is synonymous with clusterf**k. That's all I have to add.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yup.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Maybe we could ask Hilbert to contact Blizzard and see if he could get some keys? I know for a fact that gaming community websites got a large number of keys to give away to their members, even streamers got 20+ keys. What you guys reckon? Would there be interest in these keys? If so I'll pm Hilbert to see if he would do that for us.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Go for it.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Think I'll ask him, nothing to loose, we just have to make sure that it's people who are genuinely into this game that get the keys, they're quite the hot property atm, people are selling them on various trading sites for over $200. Last thing I want to see is for these keys to go to wrong hands. I'll pm him now.

EDIT: done.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Do It!! I seriously cant wait to play this, I feel bad the game im most excited for is a CCG lol

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Messaged Hilbert already mate, I'll get back to you guys when/if I hear back from him.

19. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Been trying the Facebook page myself for a key, but god dam at how fast they go. Last night the message box was up for around 5 seconds (they have it disabled until they are ready to receive requests) and they'd received enough messages.

Sad thing is, most of the keys seem to be going to websites to be sold.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dude, people get these keys within the first 1/10 of the second. A couple of days ago one streamer was giving away a key, 3 seconds after he posted it, there was a reply saying "got it, thanks". That's 3 seconds to type a 25 digit key and then reply on Facebook page. Insane. I've tried at least 20 various giveaways now but I've given up now, it's impossible.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013