NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. eacl87

eacl87 Guest

GPU:
    GTX770
    So I can't seem to find the 0x080000C1 flag anywhere in Inspector. Do I need to add it manually? I apologize if it's a dumb question.

2. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    You have to add it manually.

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Might be a mistake on my part or conflicting sources when I cleaned up the list and happened to miss this. But I will add that it doesn't work with the FX Pipeline mod.

It's possible that just need an extra setting for the motion blur. Did you try 0x084112C5 for SGSSAA with the motionblur? Is the ghosting specific to SGSSAA? (IE doesn't happen without?)

Try 0x084210C3 0x084210C1 0x084210C7 0x085210C7 0x086210C7 0x086210C1 see if that changes anything

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  4. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    It has been a while since I tested it. When I was making the post for the HBAO+ settings, I remembered that issue. I'll give those a shot at some point and let you know the results. For the record, the base, unmodified game works great with 0x004010C5. I think those other values are unnecessary, for the base game anyway. I'll be sure to screen cap the issue as well.

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah I mostly recommended those for the FXPipeline mod.

I'd download and test myself, but after a huge string of extremely large games, I don't have the HDD space to spare nor the patience for huge downloads at the moment.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    -Blade Kitten-

General Information:
    This game is several years old, but not really playable on PCs yet. First developer went bankrupt or something and now they are back and are working on fixing the game up again.

So there are a number of issues present still.
    Changing full screen resolution crashes the game.
    Changing resolution in windowed mode crashes the game.
    Game doesn't have native support for other ARs than 16:9, giving you the option to letterbox it to 16:9 or 4:3 or none. Which essentially anamorphically stretches the image. So in FS 1280x1024 for me, the none-setting makes the image look 16:9. But still far from ideal
    60FPS is a WIP game was originally locked to 30. Game has random performance problems in 60FPS mode

So currently I am stuck with 1280x1024 FS with vsync (yuck) or 1592x872 windowed with no vsync

Oh well not like i'm playing the game anyway right now.

SGSSAA requires AA fix!
    Without Fix Cutscene | gameplay
    With Fix Cutscene | gameplay
    There is a caveat that this still leaves behind some minor white lines on some objects, OGSSAA doesn't suffer this. But it's livable considering they are much worse without the AA fix and there is also the crazy black lines through many objects, especially in cutscenes.

No AA
    8xSGSSAA
    4x4 OGSSAA
    16xS+4xSGSSAA

No AO Cutscene|Gameplay
    24 HBAO+ Cutscene|Gameplay

7. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    Alright so I tested those flags and nothing worked. The problem only occurs when when AA is being forced. The same issue came up with SSAA as well.

0x084210C3 - Same issue, worse AA
    0x084210C1 - Same issue, worse AA
    0x084210C7 - Same issue, worse AA
    0x085210C7 - Fixed issue but it's because it removed effects, worse AA. Possibly a desired effect for some?
    0x086210C7 - Same issue, worse AA
    0x086210C1 - Same issue, worse AA

Here is a screenshot of the issue: http://abload.de/img/sonicgenerations.fxpik2fe2.png

Obviously, it makes the game unplayable lol. Looks like the best form of AA for those who just need to use the Fx pipeline will be downsampling + FXAA or SMAA.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I tested AA fix, it didn't work as well.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  8. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

no AA Vs MSAAx4 + SGSSAAx4 (0x004010C1)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102047

4K downsampling Vs MSAAx4 + SGSSAAx4 (0x004010C1)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102048

4K downsampling + in-game AA Vs MSAAx4 + SGSSAAx4 (0x004010C1)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102049

no AA Vs 4K downsampling + in-game AA

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/102050

004010C1 means blurry as hell image (like TXAA), just use downsampling with the in-game post AA if you want a clearer image.

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    SGSSAA provides better temporal AA than regular downsampling in that game even though it isn't as sharp. (And ironically enough, driver forced OGSSAA modes do even better temporally and sharpness wise because of the way the developers render things like the jittered shadows)

Whatever works for you man.

I'd personally recommend using the recommended C5 bits (They are slightly sharper) for OGSSAA and then downsample with GeDoSaTo or DSR on TOP of that for the best results that both tackle temporal aliasing and provide more sharpness. :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  10. JDR13

JDR13 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770
    Any AA flags for Enemy Front? Or anything that works for CryEngine 3 in general?

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Only if it's DX9, 0x000012C1 works for a few CE games in DX9

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    So..what about Far cry 4 ? I think I see difference if I enable SSSAx8 (you can compare with SSAA on/off watching tree leaves,especially the further ones) but maybe there is a flag that can work for dx11 compatibility (and better AA methods than game provides) ?

13. boykimma

boykimma Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    can anyone tell me what is assassin's creed unity flag?

14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    These games are all DX11 only, which means you can't force perfect driver SGSSAA/OGSSAA like in DX9.
    Please continue to support the DX11 AA bits petition to convince NVIDIA to include support for this feature in future drivers:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544701/geforce-drivers/petition-for-directx-11-anti-aliasing-driver-profiles/

Otherwise we will be stuck with DSR/downsampling combined with lousy post AA methods (FXAA, TXAA etc.) as the best AA solution in most current and upcoming DX11 titles.
    And this is simply insufficient compared to the wonderful options present in DX9 :)

15. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    Hello

How get better AA in THE EVIL WITHIN pls ?

ty

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Another DX11 title, and only ingame FXAA, MLAA and SMAA.
    And downsampling and/or DSR has issues in this game :3eyes:

We really need DX11 AA bits :bang:

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Ofc we DO ! Though if game's engine has MSAA support then it would be common logic to support SSAA too...they suck on this one for sure.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  18. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    arf ok ty for your answer :) In 2014... we must cry for get a good AA --'

19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Well, you can enhance ingame DX11 MSAA with driver SGSSAA if you want to in most games.
    The problem is, that the resulting AA coverage is then solely determined by the quality of ingame MSAA.
    Which in most modern engines/games is pretty awful (FC4 included).

To force perfect driver DX11 SGSSAA we need custom AA profiles to "hack" the driver, just like we currently have in DX9 ;)

20. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    Actually the evil within is opengl, it uses the same engine as rage and wolfenstein