RivaTuner

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by phaT-X, Oct 2, 2012.

1. phaT-X

phaT-X Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
    Does "RivaTuner" work with Windows 8 x64?

Also, this utility is no longer updated, correct? So.. does it work with current Geforce drivers and current GTX 400, GTX 500, and GTX 600 series cards?

I have:
    PNY GTX 465 (2 of them, first editions, both partially unlocked)
    eVGA GTX 570 (2 of them - stock clock editions)
    MSi GTX 660 Ti (2 of them - PE-2GD5 stock clock editions)
    *also have an older BFG 9600 GT OC edition

Just curious if RivaTuner will recognize and support these GTX edition cards w/ current Geforce drivers, if so, will it work on Win8 x64 ?

2. Asphyxium

Asphyxium Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GT 1 GB
    I know how to get it to work.

You pack up one of those eVGA GTX 570's and ship it to my house.

Rivatuner will immediately work in Windows 8.

In all seriousness, I don't know but there's a real possibility certain things won't work, as Microsoft has changed some things from 7 to 8.

I know NETSH (for changing TCP/IP settings) has changed, other things could be different too.

3. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    I don´t know and we probably won´t know until someone goes and tries it for themselfs.
    As comments from original Programmer are a bit sparse I would say it probably won´t work as intended.
    As far as I know the driver model in windows 8 changed by a good amount. Don´t aks me for details but Rivatuner is mostly based on registry entries, if those are not there like before things can go really bad.
    And then there would be the need to add new graphics adapter to actually enable them in Rivatuner by adding them to some initialization file, maybe like config.ini or similar.
    Too much water has gone down the river when I last used Rivatuner.
    Your best bet I think will be using Afterburner for your daily VGA needs.

Cheers

4. phaT-X

phaT-X Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
    Haha... actually, you can get the GTX 570's cheap now with the GTX 600 series out now.. but after looking @ the prices, heck.. the GTX 660's have the same / better performance levels. My exact model is selling for $239.99 @ newegg.com w/ free shipping, but the 660 are between $219.99 to $249.99, and the 660 Ti's are as low as $289.99.

5. phaT-X

phaT-X Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah, I figured that it probably would "not" work .. I thought I read a post here, or perhaps @ another forums where someone was asking about how to get a certain feature in RivaTuner 2.24 to work in Win8 x64 .. he made it sound as if he had the program installed and working, but that I am not positive on..

Bad thing is.. sometimes just installing a program like that can screw Windows up. Usually today's OS's are good about not letting a program install that can cause harm, but not always.

I learned along time ago to be careful with what you use / install on new editions of Windows. When WinXP Pro x64 came out in beta form, I jumped right on it and never looked back, from that day on I was x64 bit all the way. My main issues @ the time were "driver support" and "anti-virus software", not everyone else jumped onboard right away with XP x64, infact Microsoft made it worse by not releasing WinXP Pro x64 for "retail sales" .. it either came pre-installed on computers, or OEM disc online only. I purchased WinXP Pro x64 in May 2005 from newegg.com .. I had a disc cleaner I used to use all the time, it was a small simple disk cleaner (cannot remember it's name), it was free, and it was extremely efficient, I made the mistake of running it on XP x64 and saw it "emptying my SysWOW64 folder" .. luckily it should it's progress as it cleaned, when I saw it deleting files in that folder, I tried stopping it, any file it could not delete during Windows operation, it removed upon reboot, well... that was that... format time! Amazingly Windows XP Pro x64 still booted, but was basically unusable .. if I recall correctly, I could move my mouse and that was about it.