*1080Ti Owners Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by StarvinMarvinDK, Nov 29, 2016.

1. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Who else is getting one ?

Me personally is getting one as soon as possible.

Really had enough of SLI and the problems with it - that's why I invested in 980Ti.

Served me well, but I have a feeling that this one is a mad wild performer over my 980Ti :D

Does anyone know how long it takes for a fullcover waterblock to come out after launch ?

2. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Going for an aftermarket design as soon as they're available :D

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I might get one too, depends how well it handles 1440p/4K and how much it costs.

4. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    An owner's thread for a card that hasn't even been released yet? Umm ok.

5. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    *The faith is not strong in this one*

Keep an open mind bro - might be some useful information for when it hits the market in here.

If you bothered to read what I wrote, I also asked who was going to get it.

I know I am, just very curious to see what the pricetag is and when it's available :)

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's not only not released, or announced, it's not even sure if there'll be one... wishful thinking I guess? ;)

Would get one too if it comes around. Going to wait for aftermarket cards of course, and also, a waterblock.

7. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Arh... with the substansial slides, info an leaks all over the internet - it's hard to believe that it's not coming.

Ofcourse it wil show up, it's another way for nVidia to make a buck when not that many people bought a Titan.

It's coming I say - IT'S COMIIIIIING :D :D :D

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  9. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Jeeez - that totally slipped my eyeballs man :nerd:

Could a mod please delete this one then if they deem it nessesary :)

Looked hard or at least I thought I did - man I'm getting old :3eyes:

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    All eyes on the future and 1080Ti release I guess ;)

11. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    :funny:

12. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    I have a 1080 evga ftw that is warrantied for 3 years. I ain't buying **** for at least 2.

700$ is a lot of money to me and I fully intend to use this thing until it drops dead out of warranty or can no longer play 1080p games at minimum 60fps. Until then, I love my 1080 gtx.

13. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

What would you guys do if the RX 490 outperforms it? Do you think Nvidia is a safe bet currently with DX 12? Also how do you guys feel about the card if it is near $1k, and the RX 490 performs similarly for $300 less? I have the EVGA FTW 1080, it is a good card, but I already know i have been price gouged by Nvidia in comparison to the gimping of boost 3.0, and price. Any opinions on the matter?

14. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Same here, although i wanted to go AMD this time round , since they didn't have anything new except for the 480 available i opted for the 1080.

15. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Same here.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    First of all, to me personally the 490 is only valid if it's a single GPU card. I'm trying to get rid of SLI too with the next upgrade, so that matters to me. mGPU is not really a good idea right now I think.
    With current dx12, nothing's a safe bet... I yet wait for anything that's really overwhelmingly more powerful / stable than dx11 tbh. Of course AMD would be the bet for dx12, but as I don't see any game I think you have to run in dx12, it's not really that much of a buyer's argument - right now at least.
    Price of course is a topic, which we will probably only know once the 490 and 1080Ti hit the shelves.

So not totally against AMD, but not sure I would want to hold off until the 490 or Vega is released, we will see.

17. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

There is no doubt 1080ti will out perform 1080. That said, there will be the premium for it. Just like Titan. From what I understand, the card should perform similar and possibly on par with Titan for a few hundred bucks less. Whats really interesting to me though, there is NO ISSUES with Titan cards. There has been with 1080 and 1070 though. And these cards are not just a drop in the bucket in terms of price either... Granted, AIB cards have been the issue, but that is also where the cards that outperform reference designs have been traditionally and with respect to specs. I really dont think it's a great idea to rest on the laurels of a card that is in the possibility to burn up rigs or not. It really shouldnt be that way considering Titan isnt. Not to mention, what stupid Gimping measure is Nvidia going to come up with next? It's becoming a real concern at this point. Almost trending.. And this all happened with respect to outperforming AMD. IMO, whatever RX490 will be, considering the time it took for it to come out, I'm sure it will be a solid performer. Even if it's MGPU, which will definitely not appease to all buyers (I myself will never go mGPU again) I think AMD knows this. If the card is mGPU, but acts like one card, I would be swayed at that point and definitely with VEGA to say that would be the sweet spot in terms of price/performance. I just really cant be excited as I used to be with Nvidia anymore... Not for what they are giving us as a product and making us pay a premium.