Anyone have a GTX 780 with a Sabertooth P67?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XiThRyL, Jul 29, 2013.

1. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780 SC w/ ACX
    Hey everyone,

Recently my future brother in laws GTX 570 crapped out on him, so I told him that I will go ahead and order a new video card, and give him my GTX 670.

Well I went ahead and ordered a GTX 780 last night but now I am reading a lot of people having issues with motherboard compatibility. Mostly with the Asus brands, I've seen a lot of posts about the Z77 board but nothing regarding the P67 board.

I am hoping this works with no problem, but I'm beginning to doubt it. I did read some people running modded 314.22 drivers. Also read about the firmware update EVGA put out there. So I have been doing my research was just wondering if someone out there has this motherboard and videocard setup and is running fine.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Check out the evga forums in 5he 700 series section remember some threads pertaining to compatibility there

3. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:
    Good call I'll head over there, thanks :)

4. joshk

joshk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 4090
    I have evga acx 780 +sabertooth p67 and no problems:) My asus dcu2 670 has gone with 320.18 .Now i am on modded 314.22 and :banana:

5. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:

Awesome news, so you are running modded 314.22 drivers then? What OS are you running? Also were the latest beta/WHQL drivers giving you problems?

6. joshk

joshk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 4090
    Windows 7 Ultimate .After my 670 fried with 320.18 i try 326.01 with 560ti .Same issues as other guys - freezes and crashes.For me all 32X.xx drivers are broken . 314.22 works great on asus p67 with 780.Highly recommended combination at this moment :) Btw. Evga Acx 780 is realy solid card ,boost 1137 out of the box with ASIC 88.1%

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  7. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:
    Thanks for the info!

8. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Running 320.49 drivers with my GTX 780's. Works great.

9. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:
    :) awesome sounds good. I will find out today if it plays nicely with my setup.

10. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:
    Everything is working great!! Wondering if I should run the newest beta drives or not, Right now I'm running latest WHQL :)

11. bravo_01

bravo_01 New Member

GPU:
    asus gtx 570 cu2
    hate to bring up a old thread, but did you have update the bios on your sabertooth and if you didnt or did what bios are you running

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  12. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:
    No worries man, I'm running the 3602 BIOS, everything worked fine out the box though. apparently they started shipping the GTX 780s with an upgraded bios, I had an EVGA rep confirm that, it was on a thread on their forums.

Good luck I'm sure everything will work fine for you :)

13. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    326.80 is a godsend for 780's. Fixes a bunch of game related problems, and gets rid of the dreaded 36 hour TDR bug.

14. XiThRyL

XiThRyL Active Member

GPU:
    yeah I am running the latest drivers now, I was afraid to at first with all the compatibility issues surrounding the P67 and GTX 780. Everything is working fine though :)