SUpreme Commander 2 demi is on steam on the 24th

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dchalf10, Feb 23, 2010.

1. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Supreme Commander 2 demo is on steam on the 24th

Just thought there might be people that want to know, it's a single player demo only.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Thanks!

I did not like the first one, but this one looks more interesting. Good to have SP demo so I don't need to dl whole game and see if it's worth the money or not.

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Yeah i'm glad it's a single player demo, I only ever play skirmish matches by myself or play the campaigns in RTS games, this game is going to give starcraft 2 a serious run for it's money

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Naah, those are totally different games... There arent many RTS games which are in same scale as SupCom. Sins of a Solar Empire AFAIK is the only one ?

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    One of few games i've been waiting for.

Supreme Commander was ..wait ... is one of finest RTS every.

6. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    can't wait! i loved the first one, at least there is still hope for good PC games, good start of the year, Mass Effect 2, AVP, Bad Company 2 and soon SupCom 2

7. Calef

Calef Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    The first one is epic, though I fear the second one will not be that great after reading the first reviews. But still definitly worth a look into the demo :)

8. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Nice one, singleplayer demos rock, can't wait to try this.

9. SJ911

SJ911 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 295
    I'm really looking forward to this one. Especially now that PC hardware is able to run it at a proper speed. The first one was awesome but the larger battles could bring a person's rig to a crawl. I can't wait to unleash some of the new Experimentals!!! :)

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Sequel to one of the worst pieces of RTS turd to come out in recent memory. Sweet.

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Demo dates confirmed:

ChrisT-Square: Okay, just checked, and it's looking like Feb 24th! and for the 360 it's March 4th. However, take those with a grain of salt, as anything can go wonky to delay those a few more days. Just saying!

12. King4x4

King4x4 Guest

GPU:
    4xSapphire 290x@1200mhz
    Just pre-ordered it from steam.. GIEF MY RTS ! :D

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    You think AVP is a good game, not only that, but you said that based on the demo, you're opinion is null and void.

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Called Opinions man, try not to be such a dictator. ^^

15. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I was joking man, i'm not the opinion police.

Supcom 2 might be worth giving a go for you, even if you didn't like the first, it's a lot more 'mainstream' than the first, the economy etc is basically the same as C&C now, you have the cash you can afford to buy things, not that 'pay as you build' b.s

16. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Some people on the GPG forums are saying it will be up in approx 3 hrs, as that is the start of the 24th in seattle local time...where GPG is based...could be wrong, but it's a glimmer of hope in this boring afternoon

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    dchalf, my main problem was it was like Command & Conquer 3, Spam spam spam the **** out of your enemy, and all the units weren't good looking at all.

I hated how I built 20 ground units, 20 tanks, and a bunch of misc units, sent them to attack an objective and 10 second later all my guys would be dead and I'd have to basically keep spamming the "Create a Tank" button to force my way in, strategy took a backseat in the game.

It was large-scale alright, but it kind of felt like a Arcade RTS...somehow, you know?:p

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i played he first one but never liked it actually..is this better? what s this one about? more arcade what what?

19. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    LOL, too complicated for you? Too many numbers etc?

20. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Can i be the first to say.......L2P
    Perhaps this game genuinly requires more strategy than you would like? Instead of blindly running units into areas covered with shield and tech 2 point defence, why not get a radar up and target the turrets with mobile missile launchers or take them out with tech 2 artillery? Alternatively, take out any in base AA with tactical missiles and then send in tech 2 bombers to take out the point defence, then you can send your units in? Or if its really a struggle, a fatboy, colossus or monkeylord can get you into most bases

Use your head - if you run in blindly with the wrong units of course you're going to lose. Annoys me when people slag off a game when it's simply an issue of being a bad player

There are so many viable strategies in this game it's unreal. No RTS has ever came even remotely close to being this good.

That being said, i hope the sequel isn't dumbed down too much to make it easier for the 360 kids. If they mess this up, i may jack in PC gaming all together as the consoles will have finally killed the last game i was looking forward to.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010