I must be thick and stupid.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by flimbo, May 30, 2015.

1. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Played through GTA5 almost to the end (thouroughly enjoyed it)and now thought I'd give GTA Online a quick go.

What a load of crap!
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Done all the things that the guy asks, got car, bought clothes, joined a race up a hill. The two online guys that I had to wait ages for, blew me away. And I got insults through my speakers to go with it.

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Sounds about typical for online play.

People are a-holes online, always have been and always will be. If you're good you'll get abuse, if you're bad you'll get abuse. Even if you're middle of the pack you'll get abuse. No escaping it, part of online gaming sadly.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah sounds like typical Online jackasses to me. I have when through a bunch of players like that when I played Diablo 1 & 2 online.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've fond memories of similar, I still play through D2 once in awhile with friends.

I received so much abuse for my WW Barb with his BoTD. Worked my ass off to make it, and since I knew how to play it pretty much made me unbeatable. Such a shame people are sore losers, I might sound a bit holier than thou in saying this, but when I've lost and knew it was fairly, I've always made it a point to learn and improve. I enjoy it, a goal is what makes gaming fun.

Mind you, I've plenty of stories of having my ass kicked for X or Y reason only to be attacked like you wouldn't believe. There's few players online that could be considered gracious victors.

Last edited: May 30, 2015

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    GTA Online is a crapfest right now. Cheaters are populating every lobby, deleting people's guns, ammo, and even MONEY now. Yes, they figured out how to set your bank account to $0. Not to mention the mentality of free roam is "shoot first, ask questions later". Since nothing is stopping someone from blowing you away just because they feel like it. You really need to play with friends to actually enjoy it. Or just do jobs perpetually.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    You have actually legitimately got a BoTD weapon man thats cool. While playing Starcraft I ran into some backstabbers.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The exact reasons why I don't play any games online.
    1: The bulk of the online community for damn near ever game is comprised of indigent little dip****s that treat everyone with hate and filth.

2: The drive that I find in single player campaigns is completely gone. With a campaign I have a story, a driving goal that I'm working towards. Something that keeps me motivated and gives me something to build to.
    Online, I don't have that. I don't care about ranking/leveling up to unlock new weapons or some such crap.

3: It simply bores the living hell out of me.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Disable voice chat. If you're playing with friends use ventrilo or skype or something. I also generally disable text chat too. I don't care to read childish insults.

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    enable passive mode so you dont get blown away as soon as you enter the server and or play a private server with friends

anyone is welcome to join for a game sometime add me on social club or steam (social club = Passus32) (steam = dj_xsiv)

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm also annoyed with this shoot first ask questions later mentality, ****ing retards roaming the lobby, I mean what the hell what does it give to you when you start shooting randomly? Just.. mindless stuff.

I'll add you passus.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    When I had this on PS3, towards the end of the time I owned it, whenever I logged in online, I was immediately hit with a bounty on my head, didn't seem to matter when I joined, which server, I got a message saying I'd robbed someones ride and had the whole map after me

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    cool mate will be on around lunchtime

right now the wife wants to go food shopping :/

i know you have to eat but i dont like shopping especially with women hehe :p

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Have you ever read the communication texts on a game like COF or BF ... everyone is insulting other, trolling ( let alone the racial question )..

So i finally ask me how they can play and type so much crap at the same time .. they are mutant.

14. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    You better pick some games aimed at older people, like serious racing sims or more hardcore shooters.

With gta and cod you get the n word and f bombs every match.

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I never once played this online, even on my PS3 version.

You must be kidding, even the racing sims are abusive. Although I don't know how they race and text at the same time, I assume there must be some kind of voice to text option somehow.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    NPC's can and do give bounties when you steal their cars. That's why.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Get to lvl15 and do the daily missions/objective. Not hard to do this with races solo, which you can just launch.

18. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Step 1: Don't give a **** what anyone says to you in a multiplayer game.
    Step 2: Have fun.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Always go into a friends only session, THEN into a job. That way you dont end up in a public session with the money from the last job & & being robbed after you've been killed.

Join a crew and only do crew sessions.

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    If you play online long enough without being killed the bounty is yours. Just stay in a closed session and do jobs, works for me.