PS4 my expectations not realistic

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by stevevnicks, Nov 8, 2014.

1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    after owning my PS4 for around 6 months and not really playing on it much or really giving myself that much time to get into the games i own, which is around 20. anyway i did not not really think that much of the PS4 up untill i got realistic about what to expect from this hardware, i had to stop and look at the fact i have been spoiled with PC hardware for quite a few years so quite often i had either mid to high end gaming pc's to get my gaming enjoyment.
    now i have stopped my self looking for faults with the PS4 , because thats what i've found myself doing and spent more time playing the games rather than bitching like a spoiled kid im finding myself enjoying my gaming sessions wiyh my PS4 100 times more.
    i look back at my past thoughts about this little black box of joy and think fookn hell no wonder i didnt enjoy my exprience, i'd spent more time looking for faults, comparing to my high end PC and bitching like a spoiled brat than i did just getting on using the the PS4 for what it was built to do ... and thats sit back relax on the sofa and enjoy the games.
    if you spend more effort into moaning about 30fps cap its not full 1080P at 60FPS so it must be crap is total BS then no wonder.
    i dont care about 30 fps limit as from all the games i have played at the 30fps cap i dont notice no difference so for those of you who say it does then you must be super man or something or just looking for faults if it plays it plays so stop bitching and enjoy or keep bitching and dont lol

I know the games are more of the same but PC games have been like this for years now going back as far as doom, Unreal, HL, Counter strike, the list goes on just different GFX and locations ...

2. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    :rolleyes:

grow up

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    lol

tried that years ago its just not fun...:banana:

its true though to many people look for faults just to bitch im sure of it, just didn't realise how much I was nit picking :p

4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Just people trying justify their purchase, whether it be console/pc/mobile/tablet.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, just keep your expectations realistic and you'll be fine. I've tried 30fps+controller+TV and it wasn't as enjoyable as 60fps for me so I don't think I'll be getting a playstation or xbox. Ignore that newly registered troll btw.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Attitude is all, u can find a lot of fault in PC market as well, as well as any other market, just look on the bright side.

I can't stand 30fps, heck i can't stand 60 fps it's not smooth at all, 90 minimum at 120hz is my minimum standard... but every1 is different.

I bought just PS3 so i can play tekken tag tournament 2 :D

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Seeing I more of PC person i cant help but fualt ps4 and or consoles in general I expect a minimum standard which console being as good as mid range pc at the time of launch which more time then not just arnt.

1080p (true 1080p) is the min resolution I except, anything less and i see the difference which my makes my eyes cry. that and STABLE 30 FPS at all times is the other Min I expect.

Consoles have some great games but even the best looking 720p games makes my eyes cry. HDTV min res these days and for years has been 1080p so i expect 1080p out consoles now.

720p is and eye sore on 1080p and if that said HDTV is bigger then 32 inch it is really noticeable to me 60+ inch at 720p is got awfull to me and 1080p anit much better. And up scaling is not even close to the same thing PQ wise.

I would love to see quiet few ps3 games actual render at 1080p. and current gen do 1080p but i bet i gona have to wait till ps3 emulation becomes viable to see this.

Not this means games cant be enjoyable it just means said enjoyment is not as enjoyable as it could be imo

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm not really sure why people expect high end PC performance from a system that costs less than a high end GPU. I can't imagine a £350 PC performing as good as the PS4 does.

If they were charging the same price as a GTX 980 then I'd be disappointed.

9. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($44.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    G.Skill Ripjaws Series 2GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($36.00 @ Newegg)
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ OutletPC)
    PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($35.99 @ Amazon)
    Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($26.99 @ Newegg)

Total:$427.92

40-50 bucks more for 1080p 60fps.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Current Consoles PS4/Xbone are low/mid range setup with most low/Mid range pc being more capable. and for the 399$ those consoles cost i could rebuild my current pc with parts that will rull circles around both.

Highend PC $1500+ will never happen on console but consoles have also never been anything more then Low/Mid Range power. and as mention one can build pc for similar price that is better.

@299$ or less then it is good deal

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its not that people are being spoiled little brats, its just that as a consumer you expect technology to progress. When it doesnt and your presented with an experience that is pretty identical to the previous piece of similar tech, you think of the price you've paid for it, the value your getting in comparison to the price and the overall improvement as far as the gameplay and visual experience, if there is any. The problem with these new consoles however, is that the improvement is so minute, you could argue that these new consoles are simply version x.05. Its early days still and i think once 2015 hits, console owners wont feel so shafted. Perhaps GTA5 may even help lift consumer confidence.

As for FPS, 30fps ( min ) on a console is damn smooth compared to 30fps on pc. I think that has something to do with the heavy amounts of motion blur they slap on and the control equivilant of mouse mouse smoothing. Its got nothing to do with being superhuman.

You're well within you rights to be pissed off with the lack of content and to nit pick the finer details, thats what happens when you've got your own money. Trust me, in know. I made the mistake of buying PSvita.

12. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i love mine i like getting in the recliner and play cod for hours as for 30fps i don't even notice its totally different compared to 30 fps on a computer but i guess it gives ppl something to complain about as for me i love it and am no longer a pc gamer and yes this is typed from my mini wireless keyboard on the ps4 :)

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont blame anyone for going back to or making their first transition to console gaming only/primarily.

14. chimchim

chimchim Guest

GPU:
    nothing
    who's your main?

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I agree with the 30fps, maybe its my eyes lol but I really don't notice any diff at 30fps on ps4 than 60fps on pc, what I do notice is that 30fps on the pc feels laggy and not playable, on the ps4 at 30fps feels fine not laggy what so ever, I dont expect everyone to agree, but for me it totally fine on the ps4.

don't know but like I say after not being so PC Critical and the more I think about how low powered the ps4 is, I mean by, under full load, the total system Wattage pulled from the ps4 is really low when compared to the pc, as in : pc running the same game, even if its built to compare hardware the pc version would still use more power.

so to me the ps4 is quite respectable with what it does with how little power it has on tap AMD, SONY and MICROSOFT should be at least commended for that.

my guess is, if you built a PC at a price to compare with the ps4 you have to limit the PSU to the same wattage as the ps4 just to keep things fair .. your pc will probs be nowhere as good as an ps4 with those limits. you also for got to add a blu ray player , blu tooth, wifi and maybe a few other things like blu ray software etc fella.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Nina, been nina player for years, mainly Nina then jacks and some others.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I game and do other stuff on my Mac/PC that I can't do on my PS4, but I love my PS4.

The titles I have are fun! Great for living room entertainment. :D
    The Multimedia capabilities of it are amazing as well!
    A good size and less cords to worry about if I were to take it with me somewhere versus my big giant Mac Pro.

I'm very pleased with my PS4. That being said, I still have my HTPC wired along side my PS4 and also about the same size.

XBMC/Kodi
    Steam streaming
    Emulators(This is usually a fun one to do with Steam streaming.)

Does it put out the same quality my Mac does? No, but it still is pretty awesome looking.
    Is it as fast as my Mac? No, but giving what it does the PS4 doesn't need to be.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

18. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    im not trying to justifying my purchase, why would I need to do that lol ? ... I was just thinking about my expectations and if they were realistic with the ps4's hardware spec's, and after I have started using my ps4 more its better than I expect if I think of the power use and hardware specs .. where as before I kinda thought well my PC is better which it is although my PC does use more power and with an earth shattering build price price tag (my build cost 6x the cost of my PS4) but it does not have 6x better looking graphics.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Got to remember that everything for Sony and Microsoft are direct from the manufacturer, no wholesaler, retailer, and all that other stuff that adds on considerable amounts of money. They chose to skimp and now paying the price for it, especially Microsoft who will probably now make up for it in their next console iteration.

20. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    i got my ps4 this weekend it had an offer with driveclub and 3 months about 400 euros and a friend loaned me destiny and its quite an enjoyable console now ,have you guys ever tried share play its fun.To me its not pc/console debate we are gamers we buy the hardware that we like because we like them god damn it,Its what you want where your friends are and so on. This gen its gonna be 4 me pc,ps4 and later a wiiu with the new zelda