Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MrH, Feb 14, 2014.

1. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
  2. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I had D3 on PC and just bought it again on Xbone... wow what a difference. It just feels more fun, its like everyone said, the direct control, dodge roll... other minor tweaks. Easier loot management.... better loot (that's objective but I'm pretty certain).

What sold me was 4 player couch co-op... so few good games to do that with these days. That made this an instant purchase.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Here's my brief overview of the PS4 version.

The game is great. I couldn't get it anywhere locally night before last, so I just bought it from PSN for £59.99. I'm 100% happy with my purchase.

The controls are great, I was a bit worried about how it'll play out, but it actually plays better than m+k. Aiming is accurate, movement is very precise.

The graphics are indistinguishable from the PC version, playing a few yards away from the TV. Sure, it's not 1440p/4k with AA, but again, you don't notice that. What surprised me was the smoothness of the game. In single player, it's silky. Online in Rifts, a few slowdowns here and there, but better than the PC version overall. No silly stutters on the Bridge in act 3 and all the other notoriously stuttery locations.

The UI took a bit of getting used to, it's good, but not great. Certain things work great, but I would like to see a "salvage all" button, or a simple function to swap main hand and off hand weapons, or swap the 2 rings etc. Also having to go to the jeweller every time to apply gems is a bit unfortunate.

Oh, salvaging socketed items will now destroy the gems, unlike in the PC version.

Another minor annoyance is that it's a bit more cumbersome to be social and connect with friends, also there's no chat, I like chatting with peeps as I play.

What I loved was how I found a gift for a friend, a legendary item which I found in my solo game that was giftable to one of my friends. Awesome.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, I just hope they keep up with the patches on the PS4.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    About game updates on the XB1 and PS4. According to a blue post on the D3 console forum, Blizzard is working with Microsoft and Sony to be able to roll out future patches. Unfortunately, the ETA on said patches is Soon™. In other words, don't hold your breath waiting for the game to get any updates. Most likely you guys that do have the UEE, wont be getting the 2.1 patch for quite a while, if at all.

A lot of people on the forum are upset over this and rightfully so.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I hope the game kinda stays updated on consoles. I'm not asking for day 1 updates, I don't mind waiting. I just want a similar experience across all the platforms. If there's no updates for the console version, there's no point in playing on. It's that simple. Diablo 3 on PC was made great with all the patches, new content and constant balancing changes.

6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Bnet is all jacked up right now. Damn you consoles. DAMN YOU!!!

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hmmm. I kinda prefer the always online thing after seeing what goes on on consoles. It's do easy to dupe everything. You can dupe gold, items, mats, anything. I saw someone with a 8k damage bow last night, it had 3 sockets. His dps was over 4m. He still kept dying on torment 1, rookie.

Always online saved the PC version and prevented things like this from happening. D2 duping was ripe too, it kinda broke the game.

8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Blizzard was getting hit by DDOS attacks today by "LizardSqaud"

9. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait time to get in game just keeps going up. Grrrr, 50 mins... Damn little punks gotta mess everything up. :bang:

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    They took the credit, but it was someone else who did it. Now that person has since outted all the LizzardSquad ip addresses.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Patch 2.1 will be releasing today. :banana:

12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How do you get patches? I'm new to Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. I'm guessing they are much like Steam? When they are ready they just automatically download via the Battlenet program?

13. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    @PhazeDelta awwwww yeah !

@HonoredShadow yes, either the game itself will automatically download it. or the battlenet app (if you have that installed) will auto download. (whenever a patch is released)

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Righto. Thanks for the info!

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Only just got into D3 :) Guess not much point in buying "Reaper of Souls" yet!

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    There's no point in playing without RoS :)

Any ETA on 2.1 release time? I know it's tomorrow (in UK) does that mean midnight tonight?

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Really? How else would i benefit from it apart from ability to roll Guardian or whatever hes called?

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Aside from the Templar character you also get these: (And probably more I don't remember.)

Ability to transmute items (In addition to the gem and blacksmith crafting.)

Higher level cap (From 60 to 70, quite a difference between 60 and 61)

One new act (In my opinion one of the best in the game, also a lot of variety in it.)

Adventure mode ("freeplay" where you can jump from one campaign to another doing bounties and other stuff)

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah i see so a bit more than i thought :D I might just get to 60 first before i buy it, maybe find it cheaper on sale :D But yea liking the game so far! Only played for few hours and level 15

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Oh wait 2.1 is releasing soon?