RivaTuner show GPU Diode Temp 59 and Latest Everest show 56? ... 8800GTS 640 A3

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by HamidFULL, Jun 20, 2007.

1. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    Problem with RivaTuner and Everest Monitoring ...
    Look @ the Picture ...
    RivaTuner and NvTempLogger show my 8800GTS 640MB A3 Idle Temp 59C but Latest Everest 4.00.1043.0 show Idle Temp 56C (problem is also in load temp)

I contact with Everest Developer he told me in Everest 4.x release they add G80 correct monitoring

but Now Which one is correct?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Everest is wrong on all counts when measuring temperature.
    Use Rivatuner and CoreTemp for accurate measuring of GPU and CPU temps.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It looks like Everest doesn't support thermal diode binary offset correction yet. Check release notes of the latest RT version:

- Added thermal diode binary offset support for G71 and newer thermal diodes. Now the plugin can detect and use thermal diode's inaccuracy (or binary offset), fused into GPU during manufacturing.

That value is different for each (!!!) GPU sample and should be added to temperature to get correct value. You may check thermal diode binary offset (also called thermal diode inaccuracy) in RT's diagnostic report in NVIDIA VGA BIOS report category. Most likely you'll see that difference (59 - 56 = 3) there.

4. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    Tanx for guide but why RivaTuner dont support GPU Ambient and GPU Memory temps?

5. Unwinder

First, RT fully supports ambient temeprature monitoring for 8800 series via ADT7473 plugin.
    Second, none NVIDIA of reference desing borads (including 8800 series) have memory temperature sensor installed. The thing erroneously called "Memory temp" in Everest is actually remote core temperature and it is subject to be removed from future Everest version. And it is also supported by ADT7473 plugin. You may select a different provider for core temeprature graph (via ADT7437) and you'll see that "memory" temeprature.

6. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    Thanks a lot Unwinder and my last question :
    in above screen we can see GPU Temp is 51 and correct GPU Diode Temp is 59, I want to know which sensor report GPU Temp that its 51C its ture or again everest is incorrect?

7. Unwinder

That are _two_ different sensors (GPU temeprature is external, GPU diode is internal). Both are correct.