What a choice

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by The Laughing Ma, Aug 3, 2017.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So Guru's I have just applied for a drive experience with a voucher I got from work for being such a great employee. It's the choice of to drive two super cars round Knockhill race track and the question has to be what do I choose, what would you guys choose.

McLaren MP4-12c available at all locations
    McLaren 570
    Ferrari 458
    Lamborghini Performante, Balboni, LP560
    Audi R8 / V10

So if you had this chance what would you try?

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
  3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Mclaren MP4-12C

4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    No doubt for me, easy choice: MP4-12C & 458 It would be hard choice to pick just one, but you just said two of these.

Have fun!

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Give the voucher to me and then I'll tell you......

:D

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Whatever you pick, enjoy it.

7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    From what I’ve watched over the years, the 458 would be the best bet for pure driving pleasure. That said I’m sure every car on this list will blow you away. Also the Audi would be at the bottom of my list.

That a great gift you got there! Have fun mate!

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    My thoughts exactly. Two amazing cars that accomplish nearly the same results in radically different ways, from two drastically opposed schools of thought. Can you get some pictures and/or video from a friend or something so we can see?

9. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Sad story when you go back to your normal car :p

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The R8.

Congrats you lucky bastard. :D

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Ferrari 458, and make sure you take the outrun soundtrack on CD with you as that final cherry on the cake.

12. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    ^^^ Forget about this OP, everybody around would be laughing, just enjoy pure engine sound, who needs music with so many horses behind his back (OK, few of these have engine on front). Personally never liked listening to the music while I'm driving a car, I like to feel what's car's engine telling me. Not with a gun pointed in my head I would accept to to listen to the music behind the wheel of any of these beasts you have a chance to drive. Also hate automatic: manual all the way, till I die. But hey, that's just me...

Edit
    Listening to the music while cruising high speed on track with any of these beasts is disaster waiting to happeen.

Edit #2
    Lucky bastard :)

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Was gonna get my Dad something like this a few years ago, but reading the small print it said something along the lines of if you trash it, you pay for it

Decided against it lol

14. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Cmon, you have to be an complete idiot to trash something like that. Your dad is not a kid anymore, just do it man!

Now when we're taliking about first time extreme experience... In saturday I'm taking my wife and all three of my kids (boy almost 16 + twins daughter & son 10+) to an indoor firing range in Belgrade. It will bi their first time to shoot from any kind of fire weapon (years ago they've learned how to shoot from my old & thrusty air rifle Slavia 631 Lux). Best of all I don't want them to know where I'm taking them, they only know we're going somewhere by car and it's going to be a helluva fun, older son and my daughter are dyeing to force me admit where it is, but no way I'll tell em... :D I want them to fell how it's like, and record as many videos and pics of their first firing experience. Gonna make them choose 5 weapons max with at least 5 bullets each, like 3 pistols + one rifle + one shotgun. Guess ladies are going to choose some small caliber pistols and not sure they're not going to be too much thrilled to shoot from a rifle or shotgun, we all know why. Guess boys are gonna waste all of my money on bullets if I gave them no bullet limit :D CS:Go generation lol Next time: painball club with our friends and their kids.

OP, hope you're gonna get old and ugly female instructor next to you ;) I'm a bit jelly tbh...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  15. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    The Ferrari will probably have been completely overhauled five times by now, so it won't be a 'fresh' 458 LOL...the Lambo can only be driven safely on a track, the McLaren 570 is the most modern car of the bunch and probably the best to drive.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The voucher includes pictures and I'll no doubt manage to get someone to come along and take some video of what ever I choose to drive.

I've driven a Ferrari 360 so while the 458 would be awesome I'd have to give up the chance to either drive a McLaren or an insane Lambo. The Audi is definitely bottom of the list though.

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    SWOOOSH was the noise this made as it soared majestically over one's head. lol

But really, do it, an don't forget to take your best girl/guy with you to try and impress with your drifting. ;)

18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    one of the mclarens imo :DDDDDDD have fun you lucky bastard

19. dean469

dean469 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480GTR @1385
    McLaren

20. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    The 570 and the R8 for me. I feel the R8 wouldn't get driven as much so it might be a better ride.