The GTX 1060 Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by fr33jack, Jul 16, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    All of the gpu i bought where from EVGA do to there lifetime warranty, now there just 3 years warranty, And I never had issue with the RMA process, warranty is important to me most manufactures seem to be 2 years Not sure about asus though. Though I did see the Asus dual is is 30-40$ cheaper. but Equivalent spec wise to the MSI gaming X that I thinking of getting I never owned MSI product.

I still rather get EVGA but they seem to be dragging there feet about releasing the FTW version. I like dealing with company i know and have delt with, I went on limb with Asrock MOBO this time cause it asus was asking to much for equivalently spec board.

Never had to deal with ASUS support or RMA a single thing to them but people say they terrible to deal with. and I unsure if ASUS is 2 or 3 year warrenty on there cards.

THere is also a lack actual reviews for alot card still

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They say terrible things about it constantly if you are NA customer. However, here in Europe it's a non-issue since you deal with the shop where you bought it directly. However, with EVGA dealing with them directly is also an option. I RMA'd GTX 570 SC to them directly and they replaced it immediately with GTX 660 Ti that's still in another machine today. Because they have so nice warranty system you can basically buy the card anywhere and don't have to bother dealing with the shop.

Also... Changing the cooler or reapplying the thermal paste doesn't void the warranty for EVGA.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Im gathering DL DVI-D and DL DVI-I being on same gpu is gona be come thing of the past?

I can only find cards with DL DVI-D or DL DVI-I but not both,

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    PSA

Do not buy the 3GB cards.

As reviews are coming out you can see the 3GB cards are severely gimped. Avoid at all cost. This is a very poor decision by Nvidia.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    3GB vram can still get away with Ultra/High settings/1080p depending on the game. I would still recommend 6GB ver or rx470/480 tho :

6. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Love my Zotac gtx 1060 amp. Highly recommend this card for the money it rocks.
    Max temps 66c idles 30c .

7. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I need some advice please. Found this card locally (from South Africa) :

http://www.evetech.co.za/msi-gtx-1060-armor-oc/best-deal/2072.aspx

It's an MSI GTX1060 Armor OC. Is anyone familar with this brand and model? Is it a good version? I see so many different versions of the 1060 and it's all a little confusing to me.

I just want a good card at a good price and this seems like a very good deal to me. But I don't know how noisy it is, or if it matches up well with the other 1060's. Any advice would be appreciated.

8. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Anyone? :(

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I saw that cooling before on a gtx970. It was always considerably cheaper than gaming/twin frozr brand from MSI.

Looks like no one has any experience with "Armor" cooling, maybe you should give it a go and let us know how it went. :p

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I think it's just the old TF3/4 cooler.

11. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
  12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Yeah, but depending on the game they also had to drop texture settings, this for a brand new (entry level but nowadays expensive piece of hardware everywhere outside USA) gaming card, is lame. I mean, seriously for these prices one would expect at least gtx660, gtx260, etc, previous gen boss chip matching, bang for buck level of performance. What those cards used to deliver in the past, now they want nvidia´s self inflated gtx1070 money for, crazy.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  13. TheNyo

TheNyo Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 G1
    WHere did you get the info that ASUS DUAL 1060 got 3 heatpipes? I cant find full reviews for it...

14. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    Well I got my 1060 a few days ago & sorry for not reporting soon work & testing it came first ha-ha. All I can say at the moment is wow this gpu is a very good video card indeed. I have set up a nice blue light effort on it using the built in Aura RGB LEDs, what's a great feature. This gpu is a nice upgrade form my 670 what I though was a very good one back in the day, it proves how tech can move forward & upwards etc.
    This '1060' ASUS 3 fan version 6GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC is dead quiet on idle due to no fan movement, & when the fans do kick in its not to noisy at all ! well unless I move the fan speed to full using my zotac nitro display that is. However the top temp I have got so far with it is 59c in a few benchmark programs along with playing a few games ie bf4 & the stalker series making this card quiet & cool to use :).

15. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Another guy upgrading to a lower segment card, in two years most people will be sporting $300 1150/1140 Voltas :O .. I´m not saying it´s your case but there is definitely a trend. In any case, enjoy your card :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  17. rcca

rcca Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6GB
    Gigabyte

Been long time, have not been on the forum, been traveling, retired 2013, loving it,
    My old gaming desk top died last year, have not been gaming to much either, I think older I got less patient I got gaming, oh well.
    Got a Cyber power PC, It's good for what I do now.
    Just today bought and installed my Gigabyte GTX 1060 OC 6GB Windforce GPU, love it, runs pretty cool, stayed under 60c flying Microsoft FSX got to crank all setting up, FPS 50-183 temp. GPU 55-60c
    Played my old game Crysis temp. 60c. only had 2 hrs. to test some games, don't have any high end new games yet, may get latter some time Call of duty, or Gear of War 4.
    Happy gaming everyone, and have a great Thanksgiving to come, where did this year go?
    rcca

18. rockenren

rockenren Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I have GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G from Gigabyte (GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD).
    Perfomance and temps are good, but this model have coil whine. That is only problem.

19. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Got my sons EVGA GTX 1060 FTW DT+ in. Nice card. Has white LEDs for the logo but you cannot change the color. Still looks cool in his mini itx case.

20. panv

panv Guest

GPU:
    gtx1060 6gb and rx470 4gb
    I have now gtx1060 6gb and rx470 4gb in my computer. Monitor is 1080p. I cant decide which of these two cards to sell and which to keep?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016