cable modem "art table"?

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Cockbender, May 6, 2015.

1. Cockbender

Cockbender Guest

GPU:
    dunno
    Hello. My business has a motorola surfboard sb6121 modem, and business internet through Cox. From the modem, it goes into a switch, then out into three computers and a printer.

Today our internet went out, and I performed about 20 minutes of various unplugging, resetting, etc, . . of the modem, switch, etc. I also ran a cat6 directly from my modem straight to one of my computers. Still no internet.

Finally I called Cox, and at their end they reset my modem and cleared the "art table" as they put it. It fixed the problem. They said from time to time information gets jumbled in the "art table" and it needs to be cleared. I asked them how I can clear this "art table" at my end, and they told me that they don't think it's possible at the customer's end.

Does anybody know what the "art table" is? And is it possible for the end-user to clear it without having to call Cox?

Thanks!

2. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Think you misheard them for ARP table.
    Simply said, ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) it's a protocol for mapping IP addresses to physical machines in a local network

3. thebeastman

thebeastman Guest

GPU:
    tnt2
    I ve had the same question , thanks for you answer Steppzor

4. Cockbender

Cockbender Guest

GPU:
    dunno
    thanks steppzor!