Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !

Closed Thread

Old
  (#76)
Exascale
Member Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte G1 1070
Processor: i7-6700K
Mainboard: MSI Z170 Carbon
Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4 in XMP
Soundcard: Grado SR-80i ALC1150
PSU: Seasonic X850 Gold
Default 06-20-2017, 21:06 | posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyluggs View Post
That which can be claimed without proof can be dismissed without proof.

The burden of proving your claim is not a cross I have to hold.

I hereby dismiss every claim you've made, but am manly enough to permit you every honour to defend your position.
So by your "logic" people should dismiss literally everything you said about electric vehicles.

Last edited by Exascale; 06-20-2017 at 21:24.

Old
  (#77)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA 1070 FTW
Processor: Intel 3770k
Mainboard: Asus P8z77-v pro
Memory: DDR3 16GB Corsair
Soundcard: Creative Labs Recon 3D
PSU: Corsair
Default 06-21-2017, 06:40 | posts: 2,207 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascale View Post
So by your "logic" people should dismiss literally everything you said about electric vehicles.
The things I said about tax breaks and had links to the uk government site(s) if I said anything else which you claim requires proof, point it out and I'll happily provide it.

See the difference? I'm happy to defend my position, and didn't use a photoshopped picture of a 90's movie to try and misdirect.

Old
  (#78)
Exascale
Member Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 13:37 | posts: 125

Quote:
The things I said about tax breaks and had links to the uk government site(s) if I said anything else which you claim requires proof, point it out and I'll happily provide it.

See the difference? I'm happy to defend my position, and didn't use a photoshopped picture of a 90's movie to try and misdirect.
I havent posted any images... at least pay attention to who youre responding to.

And you never said which things required citations. Im not going to literally cite every sentence i write because youre too lazy to ask for specific clarification about something i said.

You could also google things like thermal efficiency of gasoline engines and rhodopsin mediated photoreversal if you dont know what they are, rather than demanding people cite every sentence they write.

Old
  (#79)
The Laughing Ma
Ancient Guru

Videocard: WC 980GTX
Processor: I5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Memory: 8Gb Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 06-21-2017, 17:45 | posts: 3,102

Quote:

Quote:
I havent posted any images... at least pay attention to who youre responding to.
LOL is that Loopy getting it wrong again. PS Loopy it was me that posted the image and you're right you misdirect by talking unrelenting nonsense and never providing ANY citation at all.

Do I need to provide citation on that?

Old
  (#80)
Darkest
Ancient Guru

Videocard: HD7950
Processor: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77 D3H
Memory: HyperX Beast 16GB 2133
Soundcard: Aune T1 + HD650/DT990 Pro
PSU: XFX 750w Silver
Default 06-21-2017, 18:05 | posts: 10,009

He acts that way in almost every thread he posts in, I'd recommend taking anything he says with a pinch of salt. He'll be as vague as possible while twisting the conversation, then pretend he did no such thing in the most pedantic manner possible. He either lacks any self awareness whatsoever, or he's a grade A piss taker thats been riling up the forum for years without repercussions.

Last edited by Darkest; 06-21-2017 at 18:38.

Old
  (#81)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 21:52 | posts: 2,207 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascale View Post

And you never said which things required citations. Im not going to literally cite every sentence i write because you're too lazy to ask for specific clarification about something i said.

You could also google things like thermal efficiency of gasoline engines and rhodopsin mediated photoreversal if you dont know what they are, rather than demanding people cite every sentence they write.
I never said you did, just pointing out how I would hope that you and I can not be distracted by such things. Happy to debate with you sir.

Claims require citations, as indicated in my post asking for citations - so all of your claims. That's what I am asking for, and if not, then I can dismiss them.

Please, don't keep trying to put the onus to prove your claims on me. They are not my claims and honestly, I don't have the right to lend credence to a claim another person makes.

Old
  (#82)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 21:56 | posts: 2,207 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Laughing Ma View Post
LOL is that Loopy getting it wrong again. PS Loopy it was me that posted the image and you're right you misdirect by talking unrelenting nonsense and never providing ANY citation at all.

Do I need to provide citation on that?
Yes - and as mentioned above, if anyone can point out where I need to provide citations in this thread; I'm happy to oblige.

Old
  (#83)
Loobyluggs
Maha Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 22:06 | posts: 2,207 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
He acts that way in almost every thread he posts in, I'd recommend taking anything he says with a pinch of salt. He'll be as vague as possible while twisting the conversation, then pretend he did no such thing in the most pedantic manner possible. He either lacks any self awareness whatsoever, or he's a grade A piss taker that's been riling up the forum for years without repercussions.
You lost that thread nearly three years ago - let it go

On topic...please, either debate with me on the topic in hand or don't, anything else is just as thin as the exhaust fumes from an EV...

Old
  (#84)
Darkest
Ancient Guru

Videocard: HD7950
Processor: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77 D3H
Memory: HyperX Beast 16GB 2133
Soundcard: Aune T1 + HD650/DT990 Pro
PSU: XFX 750w Silver
Default 06-21-2017, 23:16 | posts: 10,009

You don't even know how to multi-quote, and you're demanding people debate you over your nonsense?

Three years ago? I'm talking about weeks or months you silly little man. You claiming several years proves my damn point. I don't even remember or care to remember speaking to you "years" ago.

Incredible.

You are mentally ill or you are trolling

Last edited by Darkest; 06-22-2017 at 00:12.

Old
  (#85)
Exascale
Member Guru

Default 06-21-2017, 23:56 | posts: 125

Quote:
I never said you did, just pointing out how I would hope that you and I can not be distracted by such things. Happy to debate with you sir.

Claims require citations, as indicated in my post asking for citations - so all of your claims. That's what I am asking for, and if not, then I can dismiss them.

Please, don't keep trying to put the onus to prove your claims on me. They are not my claims and honestly, I don't have the right to lend credence to a claim another person makes.
I didnt. I asked you to be specific. What claim do you need evidence for specifically?

Old
  (#86)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX RX 470
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Mainboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk
Memory: Corsair DDR4-2666
Soundcard: Realtek....
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Default 06-22-2017, 00:07 | posts: 19,890 | Location: US East Coast

Electric vehicles are more environmentally unfriendly than gas. If every driver on the planet switched from Diesel and Petrol/Gas to EV....we'd be living in a toxic wasteland within 20 years just from the replacement batteries.

Most EV cars use Lithium-Ion batteries....which are incredibly toxic and insanely expensive. That's where EV has it's biggest drawback. There is a limit to the number of times the batteries in an EV can be charged. Once that number is exceeded, it's time to replace the battery or the entire vehicle.

There's also the matter of safety associated with Lithium-Ion batteries. Also other environmental effects associated with the production of EV batteries....

If you need citation for my statements, you're not educated enough on the subject to be discussing it to begin with.

Old
  (#87)
The Laughing Ma
Ancient Guru

Videocard: WC 980GTX
Processor: I5 4690K @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Formula VII
Memory: 8Gb Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 650W
Default 06-22-2017, 17:32 | posts: 3,102

Quote:
Electric vehicles are more environmentally unfriendly than gas. If every driver on the planet switched from Diesel and Petrol/Gas to EV....we'd be living in a toxic wasteland within 20 years just from the replacement batteries.

Most EV cars use Lithium-Ion batteries....which are incredibly toxic and insanely expensive. That's where EV has it's biggest drawback. There is a limit to the number of times the batteries in an EV can be charged. Once that number is exceeded, it's time to replace the battery or the entire vehicle.

There's also the matter of safety associated with Lithium-Ion batteries. Also other environmental effects associated with the production of EV batteries....

If you need citation for my statements, you're not educated enough on the subject to be discussing it to begin with.
LOL I said something in not quite so many words to which his response was, and I am para phrasing here, this isn't a debate on the environmental impact of EVs but which option is cheaper for the OP. Then provided no 'citation' what so ever to back up the statement.

Closed Thread