Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything GeForce driver related. GeForce ForceWare and GeForce Exerience drivers are for NVIDIA Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.

Old
  (#26)
EdKiefer
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI 970 Gaming 4G
Processor: i5-3570k@4.5ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77V pro
Memory: 16Gb-DDR3 1600
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair XT650
Default 06-21-2017, 18:07 | posts: 1,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by snight01 View Post
You can do everything PL probalance do, automatically. Ok for example, say you want a automatically load a application in HIGH PRIORITY.

Go to the shortcut of the application on your desktop and in the "target field" have something like..

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe "C:\Program Files\PlayMeInc\PlayMe\" /c start /high Playme.exe

And here you always start the application in High priority.

Everything PL do, you can also do by modifying shortcuts and adding to the "target field".
I hope you realize PL ProBalance does dynamic priority not just fixed static. Also setting processes to high priority is not right way, MS already does this for focused application, what you want to do is "lower" any back ground process that uses to much CPU.

Processlasso does a bunch of other options/features for process management.
I am not going to go through all of them or how to use it, we are already way off topic.

Old
  (#27)
KingDazza
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 1080 Ti Strix
Processor: i7 7700k
Mainboard: ASUS Maximus Formula
Memory: 32GB @ 3200Mhz
Soundcard: Nvidia HDMI to Tannoy 5.1
PSU: Corsair AX1500i
Default 06-21-2017, 18:42 | posts: 715 | Location: England

I use Bill2's Process Manager and the reason being is that some games with cpu multi core issues don't always use multi cores incorrectly at launch, but when launching an aspect of the game after launch. In those cases a batch file wouldn't be good enough. Where as a cpu program can monitor the exe and reapply cpu core rules periodically - for example some minutes after a game has started. Far Cry 4 is a good example.