sykozis....gone?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sykozis, May 24, 2015.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've been a bit MIA lately. Just figured I'd make this post real quick incase any noticed.

I found out about 2 weeks ago that my wife of 8.5 years had been "cheating" on me for roughly 1.5 months. I use the term "cheating" rather loosely here due to the conditions. She ran across a former boyfriend on facebook and a short while later entered into a "long-distance relationship" with him. She was spending hours on the phone with him texting and talking. He had moved to Canada and was planning to move back local, which he did this past Monday. I spent Sunday - Friday in a psychiatric facility due to an emotional break down caused by the stress. Upon returning home Friday, she immediately began planning a date with him. She came home Friday night from her date and informed me that she was definitely leaving me for him, though she'd been talking all week about going to marriage counseling and trying to fix our marriage. I also found out that she had spent time with him while I was in the psychiatric facility, though she had been telling me she was home alone all week with our son. After being informed of her decision Friday night, I asked her to move out, which she did yesterday. We had been talking about taking a "break" so we could figure out exactly where to go, but she informed me a short while ago that she's ready to file for divorce. We have 1 child, who she gave the impression yesterday that we were going to try to work things out and she would be coming back home. Now I have to go tell him that his mommy and daddy are going to be getting divorced.

I suffer from manic depression and began treatment for it, after living with it for 34 years untreated, this past Monday. For now, until I am emotionally stable, my son is living with his grandparents. My break from the forum will continue after this post. I don't know when or if I'll be returning. For right now, I need to focus on getting my head straight and figuring out where to go from here. In the event that I don't return as an actively posting member, I'd like to thank everyone that's made this forum such an enjoyable "place" to be over the last nearly 7 years that I've been around.

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through something like this, take the time you need to get to where you need to be mate. I hope to see you again, even if it's just a quick update to let us know how you're doing.

Take care mate.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Sorry to hear of your current position mate, I hope you manage to get things worked out and find a more positive place within yourself.

Good luck and hopefully we'll see you again someday.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Damn... It sucks to hear that. Take it easy and all the best for you.

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Sorry to hear. Take care.

6. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    My god... I wish you all the best! If I can do anything for you just give me a shout! I honestly hope you return, after you feel "better" of course.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Sorry syk, I left my wife in 2008 with a 5 year old son, and now that I was away from the mother, our bond has grown far greater than with the hell of a marriage we had. Keep it about your child 100%. I just lost my dad last night, 92 years old due to pnemonia and pancreatic cancer.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Keep strong, head up! And good luck.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Damn, really sorry to hear that, wish you a speedy recovery, and a new wife

10. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You need to focus on your health so you can be there for your son. I've been through the wife thing while being upsetting isn't the worst thing and will be better with time.Concentrate on you and your boy and get better good luck man and all the best.

11. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    My brother is passing through a similar situation.... best of luck to you, and like others said, try to use this time on you.

Meet with friends, discover a new hobby and exercise. All of this helps a lot (from personal experience I must add).

Good luck Sykozis ;)

12. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Hang in there mate!

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Good luck with resolving things. From the sounds of it you'd be better off without that toxic woman in your life anyway. Hope things work out.

14. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Here if you wanna talk, dude.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I hope everything works out for you in the end. The important thing is to make sure you look after yourself above all. I know all to well how depression works. Take up running or some kind of sport if you can, works wonders for me.

16. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    I don't know u because i'm new here ... but keep strong bro'

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Wow that sucks!

Best of luck, take care of the kid and yourself, dont worry about the rest

18. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Be strong man depression sucks, have had to deal with it twice takes time but everything sorts it self out in the end.

19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Emotions are tough to deal with. Hang in there. Know it is cliché but time does heal all wounds. One of my uncles went through a divorce five kids later. It took them awhile but they bounced back and regained that sparkle of life in their eyes again. He is in a much better place as well. You will be too if you hang in there. It will be tough but try not to trash talk about her in front of him. He will gain more respect for you over time for not having done so.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Oh damn that is really tough... Best of luck to you man with everything. And stay strong with the depression demon.