Anyone interested in my project?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by funkymonkey, May 15, 2004.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    Hi guys, i didnt know where to put this but thought this is best place.
    Well as a final year Computer Engineering project I made a project which allows you to turn on and off the lights in your hous, change the intensity of the light in 4 levels. see the current status of that electrical device.
    See the time for which it was on and how uch total time it was used.
    Any electrical device that can be plugged into the electrical socket can be controlled by my project.
    Its c++ code + hardware interface which is for the now parallel port based.
    Anyone of ya interested in this?
    I can send you all the ckt diagrams and the program exe file.
    But yeah it dosent work through the windows for now as the original code was in turbo c++.
    I am working on the recoding the entire source ino VB but thats gona take time. till then you can use DOS bootable flopy and copy the exe file on the floppy and run it in dos mode( yeah the program is that small in data size, dont even ask about the code its well over 1000 lines ;) ).
    Just wanted to share this with ya all.
    Let me know if anyone is interested in trying this out( you can try a simple bulb to start with ;)

2. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Lol, sounds like a cool project man. Hmm...coding in C variant? I'm gonna hack your house's lighting system! Lol. Good luck.

3. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    Would be interesting to try....

PM me and ill give you my e-mail so you can drop me a copy and ill give it a test.... at parents permission of course ;)